Sold Howa Mini Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Swapped out a bunch of parts on a Howa Mini Action so selling off these OEM parts:

$45 - Hogue Howa Mini Stock, ODG - Mint condition, never shot. Perfect pairing with a Brownells barreled action. SOLD

$30 - HACT trigger - Adjustable 2 stage trigger w/ 3 position safety, compatible with Howa Minis, Howa 1500’s, and Weatherby Vanguards SOLD

$15 - Howa Mini Bottom “Metal” (mag well and trigger guard) - Perfect replacement if you cracked your shitty piece of bottom plastic trying to torque to spec, but you’re too cheap to drop $70 on a metal part SOLD

$28 - Howa Mini 5rd magazine - Mint, cycled some empty brass and dummy rounds but never fired with it. SOLD

All prices include shipping, open to offers, open to bundle discounts. Payment via PayPal or Venmo, buyer covers any transaction fees.

Last edited:

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Swapped out a bunch of parts on a Howa Mini Action so selling off these OEM parts:

$45 - Hogue Howa Mini Stock, ODG - Mint condition, never shot. Perfect pairing with a Brownells barreled action.

$30 - HACT trigger - Adjustable 2 stage trigger w/ 3 position safety, compatible with Howa Minis, Howa 1500’s, and Weatherby Vanguards

$15 - Howa Mini Bottom “Metal” (mag well and trigger guard) - Perfect replacement if you cracked your shitty piece of bottom plastic trying to torque to spec, but you’re too cheap to drop $70 on a metal part

$28 - Howa Mini 5rd magazine - Mint, cycled some empty brass and dummy rounds but never fired with it.

All prices include shipping, open to offers, open to bundle discounts. Payment via PayPal or Venmo, buyer covers any transaction fees.

I'll take the bottom metal and 6.5 magazine. Will pm.

OP
M

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
well now we want to see your mini bud.
rZa0rpa.jpg

20" Heavy Barrel, 6.5 Grendel
Talley Lightweight Scope Mounts
Athlon Argos HMR 2-12x42
Stocky's CF Vertical Grip stock
Timney Single Stage trigger
Oregunsmithing blind mag bottom metal
Rearden single port brake (for use with Rex MG7K)
Spartan Bipod Mount

I like the gun and it sure does shoot well, but it's been problematic this whole time. The ORG bottom metal has required a bit of work to get it functioning, and it's still not 100% yet. The Stocky's stock is missing the cutout for the safety bar that is present on OEM Howa stocks, so the safety was inoperable when I first installed it into the stock. It's also thin enough that the bipod mount doesn't fit quite flush even with the most aggressive spacer installed, so it'll require some molding putty to be secure. Other than that, it'll be sent off to LRI for some aggressive fluting to drop another half pound or so, and I'll get the bolt handle threaded so I can put an extended knob on it. All in all, this is one hell of an expensive gun for starting out as a $450 action.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Built a similar setup in 6 ARC. Comes with a lighter profile barrel. Finished weight with a 3-9x40 Trijicon Accupoint is 6lb 4oz. Shoots great with the Hornady Precision Hunter factory loads. When I can get ahold of some small rifle primers I'll work up a load with the 88gr Hammer Hunters.

Attachments

• 20230220_150709.jpg
    20230220_150709.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 22
OP
M

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Which trigger did you drop in? Assuming the Timney #611. If so, how do you like it?
I don't remember the model number off the top of my head, but Oregunsmithing stocks them so I ordered it through them. The trigger has been great so far, I've had no issues with it at all and I prefer a single stage over the 2 stage HACT that came on the gun. Very consistent and super crisp break, and it's right in line with my other Timneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.