Hunt Redi vs. Final Rise Vests

tmidthun

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with the Hunt Redi and/or Final Rise vests? Both products were just recently launch so it may be too early for good feedback.

I’m really interested in both designs but am hesitate to put down the cash.

gwl79902

WKR
I have not used either but I do own a hill people gear pack that has the same yok as the finial rise (terahumera or something like that). It is the most comfortable pack I ave ever used. I can not see how any pack could compare to that one it is just fantastic.

I am going to buy a finial rise vest but want to give it a season to see if any bugs get worked out, not sure if there are any.

I think that first spear sew the vest and I have seen their work and it is great.

Matt.Davis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Gents - just wanted to hop on and let everyone know I’m happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding our system. I personally own FINAL RISE and currently stitch up every one of our vests.

I grew up in a household where my parents ran an industrial sewing business and have been on a sewing machine on and off throughout my life. It’s an interesting passion but one I’ve always been grateful for.

My goal with the FINAL RISE design was to implement all the material, component and design advancements that were happening on the big game side, into some of the tried and true concepts that already existed in the upland market. I felt the innovation had stopped with upland gear and being someone who loves hunting anything with a heartbeat and quality gear, felt it was a gap I could bring together. Between myself and a handful of badass bird hunters we spent the 2019 season tweaking and perfecting the design prior to our pre sale launch a few months ago. I’m of course aware there’s more than one way to skin a cat and vests can be like backpacks where there’s little designs and aspects that speak to one user more than another. Regardless, I’m really looking forward to everyone’s feedback as they see the field this year. I’m confident folks will love em.

Lots of awesome new upland gear hitting the market recently and it’s fun to be a part of the hype. My hope is that everyone finds the right gear for them, regardless if its mine or not.

- Matt Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
tmidthun

tmidthun

FNG
Hey Gents - just wanted to hop on and let everyone know I’m happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding our system. I personally own FINAL RISE and currently stitch up every one of our vests.

I grew up in a household where my parents ran an industrial sewing business and have been on a sewing machine on and off throughout my life. It’s an interesting passion but one I’ve always been grateful for.

My goal with the FINAL RISE design was to implement all the material, component and design advancements that were happening on the big game side, into some of the tried and true concepts that already existed in the upland market. I felt the innovation had stopped with upland gear and being someone who loves hunting anything with a heartbeat and quality gear, felt it was a gap I could bring together. Between myself and a handful of badass bird hunters we spent the 2019 season tweaking and perfecting the design prior to our pre sale launch a few months ago. I’m of course aware there’s more than one way to skin a cat and vests can be like backpacks where there’s little designs and aspects that speak to one user more than another. Regardless, I’m really looking forward to everyone’s feedback as they see the field this year. I’m confident folks will love em.

Lots of awesome new upland gear hitting the market recently and it’s fun to be a part of the hype. My hope is that everyone finds the right gear for them, regardless if its mine or not.

- Matt Davis

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out and providing some background info.

Couple questions:

How big are the zippered side storage compartments?

Is the zippered back panel pouch intended for hydration bladder use?

If so, what size of bladder would you recommend? Is there a spot to hang the bladder or would it just lay in the bottom of the compartment? Are there loops on the shoulder straps for the hose?

Thanks in advance!

Matt.Davis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out and providing some background info.

Couple questions:

How big are the zippered side storage compartments?

Is the zippered back panel pouch intended for hydration bladder use?

If so, what size of bladder would you recommend? Is there a spot to hang the bladder or would it just lay in the bottom of the compartment? Are there loops on the shoulder straps for the hose?

Thanks in advance!

You betcha man. Happy to answer your questions!

-The zippered side compartments on the bird bag itself are the 7" wide and 8" deep. The zipper runs across the top of the side panel. I can fit my hand in, opened up, pretty easy. I personally leave a first aid kit in on one side and usually toss my an extra camera battery, beanie, gloves, etc. in the other.

- The zippered back panel isn't intended for a bladder use. I'd hate for such a heavy object to be so far away from your body. There is a clip at the top of the two panels where a water bladder hangs, keeping that weight close to the body. The bottom of the bladder hangs in the pocket that runs horizontally across the back. That same horizontal pocket can also hold a 2L lumbar bladder. I'm not a big bladder guy myself, and usually put things in there that I need quick and easy access to, but don't want them to get covered in feathers and blood. That's the beauty of the design. You can use it however best fits your needs.

- For the bladder hose, I feed it up between the two panels, through the small carry handle on the shoulder straps and over my shoulder into the horizontal straps that sit on the shoulder straps (where you shoulder a gun). It keeps you from having to add extra clips, or gadgets just to keep a hose secure. Never had any issues with it sliding off or going askew.

Holler with anything else brother.

Russp17

WKR

-The zippered side compartments on the bird bag itself are the 7" wide and 8" deep. The zipper runs across the top of the side panel. I can fit my hand in, opened up, pretty easy. I personally leave a first aid kit in on one side and usually toss my an extra camera battery, beanie, gloves, etc. in the other.

- The zippered back panel isn't intended for a bladder use. I'd hate for such a heavy object to be so far away from your body. There is a clip at the top of the two panels where a water bladder hangs, keeping that weight close to the body. The bottom of the bladder hangs in the pocket that runs horizontally across the back. That same horizontal pocket can also hold a 2L lumbar bladder. I'm not a big bladder guy myself, and usually put things in there that I need quick and easy access to, but don't want them to get covered in feathers and blood. That's the beauty of the design. You can use it however best fits your needs.

- For the bladder hose, I feed it up between the two panels, through the small carry handle on the shoulder straps and over my shoulder into the horizontal straps that sit on the shoulder straps (where you shoulder a gun). It keeps you from having to add extra clips, or gadgets just to keep a hose secure. Never had any issues with it sliding off or going askew.

My wife bought me one of your vests for fathers day. I look forward to using it this fall!

ptwysocki

FNG
So i too am in the market this year for a new vest, and have narrowed it down to redi, final, Q5 centerfire, Q5 rimfire or wingworks.

Wingworks took themselves out of the running by being closed, and for me it's really between the final and Q5.

Huntredi has gotten great reviews and seems to be run by a group of amazing people. My concern is how the shoulder straps come over the top and then attach back on the game bag. To me, it looks like this causes the shoulder straps to get pulled up and back, almost looking like it's choking the person wearing it...and most importantly, pulling all that weight to the back -- whereas you want it sitting on your hips. Lastly, the sternum strap looks a bit high for me, and the padding on the shoulder straps seems a bit thick.

Comparatively, the final rise system literally addresses all of these issues. The shoulder straps attach to the load bearing part of the waist belt. Not only that, but if you watch the gear videos, youll see that the 'attachment point' can be put anywhere along the waist belt. So if you customize it to however you want it to fit. To me, that's a really slick idea. My only question on the final rise is the shell pockets. I give Matt TONS of credit for grinding it out at home, and im sure once this thing takes off, you'll see some more "options" become available. But for the immediate time being, only having one type of shell pocket is tough. Seems a bit deep for me (never liked the crazy deep wingworks pockets), and im just not sure how the round cover works better than just a simple 'U' zipper strap across the top like the Q5 pockets.

Of course the biggest question on the final rise and redi is that they're brand new. But both seem to have put at minimum a whole season of fine tuning the product before bringing it to market. I don't think you can wrong either way.

If nothing else, you might have the decision made for you by who can actually get the vest delivered by opening day -- im sure most of these guys will want to spend the season hunting like the rest of us...not sewing vests all day.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider

Matt,
It might seem petty, but have you ever considered a front slot or pouch to each ends of the ammo pouches that is just big enough for an e-collar remote (pro 550 plus) Idk if my description makes sense, but I’ve always struggled with where to keep my remote that’s in a location it doesn’t get buried and loose signal and is easily accessible.
i can’t stand it hanging from my neck and the hard cases that I attach to my belt are to far forward so When I climb, it pushes remote up and out.
interested to hear your thoughts.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
There are zippered pockets on both shell pouches that it would fit into. I prefer to hang my alpha ( with a short lanyard) from the supplied D ring upside down that way when I need it it’s right side up and ready to view. Hope this somewhat answers your question.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
There are zippered pockets on both shell pouches that it would fit into. I prefer to hang my alpha ( with a short lanyard) from the supplied D ring upside down that way when I need it it’s right side up and ready to view. Hope this somewhat answers your question.

ill have to take a look at the zipper pockets. Thanks

Tex68w

WKR
Wingworks took themselves out of the running by being closed.

My only question on the final rise is the shell pockets. I give Matt TONS of credit for grinding it out at home, and im sure once this thing takes off, you'll see some more "options" become available. But for the immediate time being, only having one type of shell pocket is tough. Seems a bit deep for me (never liked the crazy deep wingworks pockets).

I am not sure why Wing Works is currently closed to taking on any new vest orders, but it's definitely annoying. I was going to order a few more pieces/accesories for my nearly seven year old WW Vest last week but they are closed at the moment util the 21st. This is no way to run a successful business and their "no need to explain" attitude isn't helping matters.

That said, I have put many miles on my WW Vest over the past 6-7 years and it has never let me down and it has always been comfortable. My one and only complaint is the depth of the shell pockets. They are entirely too deep IMHO and I would kill for them to be half their current length and I'd much prefer a zippered top instead of the over sized flap. I have run them with two full boxes of 12ga shells in each pocket and they are still too deep, it certainly needs to be addressed.

If Final Rise were available seven years ago when I was in the market for my first strap vest then I would have certainly purchased one. I have no plans to replace my WW Vest anytime soon, but I will replace it with a Final Rise if/when that time comes.

m_willis

FNG
I was very interested in the WW and finally decided to give up and start saving for the Final Rise. I'm hoping to get one ordered before next season and really looking forward to it. I really like the simplicity of it, that it looks so lightweight and the fact that's it's stitched here in the U.S.

Tex68w

WKR
Yea it's unfortunate that the owners of Wing Works have been taking a lot of time off from the business as of late, but I am sure there's a good reason for it. It just sucks that so many are missing out on owning such a great product. The Final Rise vest is extremely similar in design and has a better shell pocket design IMHO, you won't be disappointed.

Here's my WW vest after nearly seven seasons of use, still looks new.

h63MlIW.jpg

Nate Abe

FNG
I’ve been using the final rise this season with zero complaints...Matt put together a great vest, it’s really comfortable and carries weight much better than my older filson.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
I was very interested in the WW and finally decided to give up and start saving for the Final Rise. I'm hoping to get one ordered before next season and really looking forward to it. I really like the simplicity of it, that it looks so lightweight and the fact that's it's stitched here in the U.S.
You won’t regret it!! 👊🏽

WKR
Bumping this one up. Just put an order in for a Final Rise. Matt is very responsive. Discovered them late so no rush for opening day this year lol.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ran several vests over the years and always had one thing or another never feel or fit right. Finally pulled the trigger on a Final Rise and it’s been awesome! Whether empty or loaded the comfort and fit is something you have to experience to truly appreciate.

Sheepdog

FNG
I am not sure why Wing Works is currently closed to taking on any new vest orders, but it's definitely annoying. I was going to order a few more pieces/accesories for my nearly seven year old WW Vest last week but they are closed at the moment util the 21st. This is no way to run a successful business and their "no need to explain" attitude isn't helping matters.

They have explained it. They have unfortunately been dealing with some family health issues. Bob has been doing this for a long time and has always had amazing customer service. He makes an amazing bombproof product and has always supported his customers and the upland community.

It is to bad about the wait times, I absolutely agree. I’m waiting to get another one for my daughter who is just getting into this sport. She has her pup and gun and for the time being a cheaper vest. She just needs a WW and she’ll be set for a long, long time.

I can’t get behind the final rise. It costs more and is mostly copied from the WW. Listened to some of a podcast about how the company got started. His friends even told him his was ripping the design off. I’ll wait for WW.

Jason t

FNG
Yea it's unfortunate that the owners of Wing Works have been taking a lot of time off from the business as of late, but I am sure there's a good reason for it. It just sucks that so many are missing out on owning such a great product. The Final Rise vest is extremely similar in design and has a better shell pocket design IMHO, you won't be disappointed.

Here's my WW vest after nearly seven seasons of use, still looks new.

h63MlIW.jpg
What is that gadget that you have your I reach mounted to. I need one of those