Hunting Bad Wind

OP
I
I know you were kidding, but people actually believe this. The answer is you'll smell like a human covered in piss.

A human smell covered in deer piss has to be better than smelling like a human covered in human piss right?!

OP
I
I am happy to report I didn’t scare off a single deer!!

…because I didn’t see a single one.

It’s been a real shitty start to the season.

jimh406

WKR

Maybe it's worth spending more effort finding a different place to hunt if that's possible. The first rule is hunt where there are deer.

In any case, good luck.

OP
I
Maybe it's worth spending more effort finding a different place to hunt if that's possible. The first rule is hunt where there are deer.

In any case, good luck.

I have been hunting different spots. I’m hunting an area of public land. Several spots that were real good for me last year, and I can see the signs that it’s a pretty busy spot recently as well - but basically zero action so far this year. Hopefully that starts to change soon!

sasquatch

WKR
Get high, 30’ plus and hunt mornings where the thermals will carry upwards once sun comes up

Won’t be much an issue probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drenalin

WKR

Do you think it’s possible you did spook deer, prior to you being able to see them, because they smelled you and your piss?

OP
I
Do you think it’s possible you did spook deer, prior to you being able to see them, because they smelled you and your piss?

Maybe, but I doubt it. I get in there pretty quietly and didn’t hear or see anything. I’m in a pretty good spot to hide my scent, and a ton of rain here has made it easy to walk in quietly.