Hunting in Maui

Kentucky

WKR
Headed to Maui, taking the family… looking to slip off for a few days and see if I can down a goat, pig, or would be awesome, an axis deer…I hunt with a recurve, so basically I just like hiking with extra gear!!, but it would be nice to hike in an area where I could possibly spot some game and get a shot…I’m reading that most public areas are landlocked and outfitters are crazy out of their minds with 4000$ deer rifle hunts…any contacts or I for anybody would be willing to share would be awesome… shoot me a pm, thanks fellas

JNDEER

WKR
All the information you need to know can be found:

There is public land on Maui that can be accessed. Contact the DLNR for specifics.

For hunting license go here:

Fill out the non-resident exempt form. You need to buy a non-resident license to hunt in HI.

Good luck!

DanimalW

WKR
I’ve only been to Maui once, but there were a lot of goats between Hana and Keokea. Personally, I’d pony up the money to charter up a fishing or spear fishing charter instead. My one week on Maui was probably the only week that hunting didn’t cross my mind that year.

My buddy lived in Hawaii a few years and hunted all over with a bow

I’ll contact him to see if he can give me any details and I’ll get back to ya if he tells me anything of use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
My buddy lived in Hawaii a few years and hunted all over with a bow

I’ll contact him to see if he can give me any details and I’ll get back to ya if he tells me anything of use

You the man!

OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve only been to Maui once, but there were a lot of goats between Hana and Keokea. Personally, I’d pony up the money to charter up a fishing or spear fishing charter instead. My one week on Maui was probably the only week that hunting didn’t cross my mind that year.
I’m not opposed to that either! In past trips we usually get a charter…it always a good time…

I would just enjoy your time at the beach with the family, or else you're just wasting your time. unless you know someone with private land the public land on Maui is really poor bc there's only a few areas and they are really crowded with hardly any game.

Last edited:
OP
Kentucky

Kentucky

WKR
This don’t sound like bad advice either… there is a fella I’ve had dealings with before trying to find me a spot on private…I’m gonna pack a takedown recurve…if it pans out, great… if not, that’s fine to… definitely not gonna stress out trying to press it… I do appreciate the comments and links… spear fishing is an excellent idea!

Got ahold of my buddy. Said he hunted other Hawaiian islands but never Maui

Sorry !