Hunting industry clothes sizes.

LandYacht

WKR
Check out Day One Camo. I bet he’d be able to make you something that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m 6’ and 165 lbs so I’m happy to finally find clothes that don’t fit like a burlap bag.

As others have said, it comes down to target audiences. Even Sitka doesn’t sell 1/10 of the clothing that everyday companies do, and the majority of the guys that do what the clothing is designed for (backpack hunting deep into the backcountry) aren’t “husky.” The unit we hunted in Colorado this year was very remote. We packed in 5 miles and the dozen or so people we ran into over the course of the trip were almost all wearing KUIU or Sitka, and none of them had an extra 5-10 lbs around their waist.

Unfortunately, if you’re 6’10”, you’re an outlier and smaller hunting companies can’t afford to make pants in a size that maybe 6 people would buy.

If you can find something that fits but is short, gaiters can help out. A lot of guys are wearing regular outdoor clothing in earth tones rather than hunting brands.

X2! I especially hated clothing as a tall skinny kid, everything fit like a clown suit. With that said I can sympathize with anyone without an average build especially at the cost of technical clothing.

JasonP

FNG
I'm only 6'5 but I have super wide shoulders. Kuiu's 3XL is definitely not a normal 3XL. I normally wear a 2XLT and their 3XL fits like a regular 2XL. I just ordered the Stone Glacier M7 jacket in 2XL and had to send it back.