Hunting opportunities in late November/December???

Due to my job and limited vacation for 2024 I'm looking for a trip to take between November 26th and December 23rd. I typically go in sept/Oct for deer or elk but that's not in the cards this year. Ill be traveling from ND. Looking for hunting opportunities that I may not have thought of or unique species that I don't typically hunt. Open to ALL suggestions! Predators, exotics, late season elk or deer, etc. Let me know what you think of or what you have local to you!

OP
B
OTC Colorado plains elk and OTC Colorado mountain whitetail.
Have you hunted the otc plains elk? Is it something where I would have to find landowner permission or are there units/areas where a guy can find success on public?

sndmn11

WKR
Have you hunted the otc plains elk? Is it something where I would have to find landowner permission or are there units/areas where a guy can find success on public?

No, but I would if I wasn't busy in the winter and wanted to do some exploring. I know some people who do and they are split between public/private. They are also hunting "plains" that are not. There's some really cool country with frontier history that is where I would start.

The whitetail hunt is the same thing, I'd go do it if I had some spare time and I think I'd stand a fair chance at being successful.

fishslap

WKR
West texas for a variety of species. Nebraska muzzleloader deer, upland (maybe turkey?), predators, ducks, and do a few days of ice fishing if you’re into that and time it.

wesfromky

WKR
Ohio deer rifle season or maybe on of the southern states bow/rifle seasons would work.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look into a late November early December deer hunt in Saskatchewan if I were you. Or a December lion hunt. Those are an absolute blast as well.

What about ducks down in the timber in Arkansas? I’ve never done it but it seems like it would be fun.