Hunting pant for light moisture/weather

I’m looking a pant that is good for light moisture(wet day/drizzle/light snow) for moderate temperatures. Walking thru wet weeds and such. A pant that can be layered under with base layers to make warmer in colder weather. Sept/October in the Mountains(20-60 degrees).

Not looking a full blown rain pant. I have some of those.

Suggestions?

OP
B
How would the Sitka Mountain pant or Timberline pant work in those conditions?

Talus works well in what you've described. Pretty much purpose built for that. It's nice not having to put on gaiters.

Jhoneyman

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka timberline pants are great, but anything except light moisture and you will get pretty wet

The Timberline and Mountain Pant are the same material with exception of the knees and seat. Neither are particularly great after a few uses and washes in wet weather. They dry fast but in my experience the DWR doesn't hold out that long.

OP
B
The Timberline and Mountain Pant are the same material with exception of the knees and seat. Neither are particularly great after a few uses and washes in wet weather. They dry fast but in my experience the DWR doesn't hold out that long.

Is there a way you can retreat the pant with a waterproofing spray at home.... does it work if so?

Will_m

WKR
You are probably better off with something that is fast drying. Wet vegetation will saturate most water resistant fabric and DWR coatings wear off pretty easily, especially in brush. September you can probably count on it warming up enough during the day, combined with physical exertion, to dry yourself out. Hunting in the rain--or at least hunting that is basically hiking most of the day--is pretty much guaranteed to soak yourself through, rain gear or not.

That being said, if you want to stay dry, you need to stick with an impermeable fabric and little to low exertion.

OP
B
The Sitka Mountain pant and the Timberline seem like the very same part except the waterproof knee/azz pad the Timberline have......?

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
KUIU Talus or the Sitka Timberlines. BOTH great pants...probably some of the best designed in the industry to date.

Will_m

WKR