Hunting Pants/Jackets

Rock57

FNG
I'm heading to ID later this month Mule Deer in the Sawtooth area. As we see with the current weather I need to be prepared for some pretty chilly days. In recent years clothing technology has really improved and so many options, so I'm looking for some suggestions. Pants and Jacket/Coat.

BluMtn

WKR
Start looking around at some of the clothing threads that are poping up. All the info you need is right there. You did not say if you are backpacking in, horseback, or hunting close to a vehicle. and what elevation you are going to be in. The weather is kind of going sideways right now so you need to be prepared for anything.

5BtoSB

FNG
focus on your base layers and socks first. your base layers set the tone for what kind of mid layer and outer layers you need. the First lite Fuse 200 top with the Wick 150 boot cut bottoms are a pretty solid base. The Sitka Kelvin active jacket or the First Lite Sawtooth hybrid hoody are solid mid layers. if you nail down your base and mid layers you'll have more options.

Start looking around at some of the clothing threads that are poping up. All the info you need is right there. You did not say if you are backpacking in, horseback, or hunting close to a vehicle. and what elevation you are going to be in. The weather is kind of going sideways right now so you need to be prepared for anything.
You’re 100% there. I have a different system depending on what style of hunting I’m doing.

jdeanwvu

FNG
I've completely switched over to first lite in recent years. If yous budget allows, start out with a full system. If not start out with base layers. If you are hunting/ hiking in wet conditions, I would go with the areowool base layers. If cold/dry go with the kiln base layers. Reach out to first lite customer service on their website. Give them some details about where your going and what you will primarily be doing and they with help you out. Don't hesitate to stick with solid colors either. Much of what they offer can be worn outside of just hunting.

OP
R

Rock57

FNG
Great information guys. We have so many awesome choices out there now with gear, after a long day's work all the research can give ya a headache.. For sure it's good to get user recommendations. Obviously I'll be packing a variety of clothing for the weather, who know's what Mother Nature will bring upon us.