Hunting Solid for Around Town Jacket

I need a new medium warmth jacket for around town. Also want it to serve dual purpose for hunting as well.

Out of Sitka, FL and Kuiu what hunting solid would be a good choice? I tried the Sitka Kelvin Aerolite but the jacket was too short and Sitka said they wouldn’t have a tall in my size this year. Looking at other options

I wear either the Jetstream or Brooks Down Sweater in Conifer all winter long here in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RMM

WKR
I use the FL uncompahgre in dry earth. It keeps me plenty warm walking around town. I was also wearing the uncompahgre jacket, vest and the llano baselayer when I shot my elk in MT last year in 20ish degree temps while my other layers were drying out from our 1200 vertical foot ascent

OP
Throwin Darts
I wear either the Jetstream or Brooks Down Sweater in Conifer all winter long here in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I like the thought of the brooks. I have a Kuiu Kenai but it doesn’t pack down as small as I like. I could wear a brooks around town and then use it as my puffy for hunting.

I had a Jetstream but it fit my arms weird for some reason. It was uncomfortable up in my pit. Think it was the Zipper

Insulation: Kuiu down (Pro or Ultra depending on temperatures)

Shell: Kuiu Kutana, Guide or Axis. Kryptek Dalibor is another contender.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
The First Lite Uncompahgre in grey and Outdoor Research Transcendent Pullover in fatigue are my two most worn jackets for both hunting and everyday.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ve been going with a vest with long sleeve heavier merino under it for fall and winter everyday wear. First lite kiln weight with a jetstream vest in black over it goes with all colors.

Kerbs

FNG
Another vote for the Kuiu axis. It's an awesome soft shell but also keeps you dry if you get caught in the rain. A little more fit in the same size than the Guide DCS. I sold my guide after getting the Axis. I wore mine all last winter on the Olympic Penn in WA. It's now my main go to around town.

From a budget perspective, you could wear the Columbia Ascender jacket, and get a cheap down puffy if you want to add warmth. I found my ascender for $35 and just bought a down Gerry jacket for $20 at Costco. The Columbia jacket does 85-90% of what the other jackets will do at a fraction of the cost.