huxwex flow ti can

bnsafe

WKR
anyone use any of the hunwerx flo cans or oss cans with the flow thru tech. They louder than a regular can? and how do they really do with keeping gas out of your face with a gas gun

NSI

WKR
Love my 556k. Didn’t need to eff with gas system on LMT. Does indeed keep gas out of face with extended firing. Is not terribly loud. A bit heavy but they all are.

-J

The Flow 556k is actually one of the quietest cans for shooters ear on the market. Pair that with flow through and you’ve got a really great combo. The Ti cans are lighter and would maybe be better for a bolt gun but flash a lot with semi auto.

Geewhiz

WKR
Do a little reading over on snipers hide. After doing a fair bit of research, I came to the conclusion that flow through cans are considerably louder than the alternative, but of course you have to deal with the gas somehow. 🤷‍♂️

Do a little reading over on snipers hide. After doing a fair bit of research, I came to the conclusion that flow through cans are considerably louder than the alternative, but of course you have to deal with the gas somehow. 🤷‍♂️
The Flow is the quietest can at shooters ear that Pew Science has tested and it’s also a K can configuration which is nuts.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.png
    IMG_2199.png
    785.9 KB · Views: 23

Bluefish

WKR
The Flow is the quietest can at shooters ear that Pew Science has tested and it’s also a K can configuration which is nuts.
Actually it makes sense on an AR style gun. The best cans are not quite hearing safe at the shooters ear. If the can is quiet at the muzzle it will push gas back to the bolt and noise level at the shooters ear ends up higher. Data from the suppressor summit shows this. Muzzle might be 20 db lower on a really quiet can. A noisy can may be loud at the muzzle and be quieter at the shooters ear. The gas just goes out the front instead of the bolt. This is why AR’s are not as quiet as fixed breach guns.

Anyone else use the Scythe ti on a bunch of gas guns yet? I have on one so far and it was great (no excess gas or sound in your face). Was considering a flow through until I tried this one.

ChrisAU

WKR
Hunted with my Flow 6K on my 6mm ARC AR Saturday night and it was awesome. At the range I didn't feel noise level was much different than my YHM R9 but it was apparent that recoil and gas were major improvements. Even more so in the field and it felt like it was whispering shooting at game.

WKR
I have an hx-qd 7.62 that I use on my gas guns. At the shooters ear, it's quieter than the other cans I've been around and tried. The pop you get out of the port is very real with conventional baffle cans. Even being around an ultra 7 on a 223 sounds much louder standing behind the gun. The flow through is also very clean shooting.

They do direct a lot of the sound forward, so if you are shooting at a short or indoor range or a range with a lot of overhead, it will sound louder. Out on the prairie, it's a non issue.

Personally, I wish I'd have waited for the flow 7.62. I'd buy that and never look back. I have DA, DD, and banish cans that I tried on my gas guns and I choose not to use them.

SloppyJ

WKR
Rex just came out with some flow through cans and they're $599 on modern warrior right now for a 7.62 model. Just FYI.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
Yea, I was told they are louder to people standing around you, but good for the shooter, due to the blast going forward. But I hate to spend that much and not have quiet, and Im looking for something for all my guns (as a first time can owner). but seems you can have quiet or no gas, take your pick.

WKR
Yea, I was told they are louder to people standing around you, but good for the shooter, due to the blast going forward. But I hate to spend that much and not have quiet, and Im looking for something for all my guns (as a first time can owner). but seems you can have quiet or no gas, take your pick.
I'd take a look at the flow 7.62. It's not cheap but actually scored pretty well for reduction on a 308 bolt gun. I think CGS makes a can people like a lot, too.

It depends on what you mean by "not have quiet." Are flow through cans going make all your friends and rivals at the range "ooooh" and "ahhhhh," probably not. But at your ear while shooting and for your eyes and nose sucking gas, it might make you oooh and ahhh.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
Im looking at the 7.62 ti can. I like everything about it, except the noise. I hunt fairly close to houses and I want to keep it as quiet as possible.
I might go with a omega 300 dtm for my bolt gun, I just have a huge desire to hunt with a 6 arc gas gun and quiet my ar's

NSI

WKR
1) The gasses are toxic.
2) It's not really an issue for a few shots, these flow-throughs are mostly designed for high firing schedules out of autos or semi-autos.
3) We're talking about fairly small differences in dB at the shooter's ear and at the muzzle, in a field that's already fuzzy at best (quantification of noise).

TL;DR: If you will use for AR training courses, buy a flow-through. If you're firing on a slow schedule with semis or mainly on bolts, buy a traditional can like a Scythe. I have both and am a happy boy.

Best,
-J