HVAC Boiler Thermostat help??

Legend

WKR
I am in need of a new thermostat and looking for advice. Here are my requirements:

1) Needs to be designed to run a boiler (I think this means it will run on a duty cycle instead of just an on off switch). Feel free to educate me.

2) I want it to mount on the wall and use existing wires.

3) I want a remote unit that controls the temperature that I can set in a different place in the house and communicates to the wall unit. (Current wall location has a lot of radiant pipes beneath it and trips stat before the whole room is warm)

4) optional...wifi so I can check temp when on vacation.

Thanks!!

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the Nest Thermostat E for what you are looking at.

Finding the “E” is not as easy at it used to be, but it works for what we have:

* Boiler.
* 2 Wire (red / white)
* Remote sensor - we have a similar problem; existing thermostat & wiring is not near where the room we want to be a more steady temperature (kids room)
* WiFi compatible.

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
I’ve used the Nest Thermostat E for what you are looking at.

Finding the “E” is not as easy at it used to be, but it works for what we have:

* Boiler.
* 2 Wire (red / white)
* Remote sensor - we have a similar problem; existing thermostat & wiring is not near where the room we want to be a more steady temperature (kids room)
* WiFi compatible.
Awesome. I'll check it out.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
You could do this with the Honeywell Redlink stats as well but Tekmar is going to be your best option.

Ecobee is the best option out there. How many wires does your current stat have? If only two you can use the "add a wire" that comes with it.