Hydration bladders

Will_m

WKR
Anybody using a hydration bladder while hunting? Thinking it would be easier than my nalgene.

They work good if everything goes good. Some have had a problem with them leaking in there pack. Also depending on when you hunt, i have had my hose freeze up

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Early season = bladder all day long. Late season = bottle. Can’t beat the ease of a bladder in the warm weather when water is more frequently used. A bottle is somewhat easier to maintain in the cold weather.

I run a Nalgene on my hip belt and use the bladder as "storage" inside my pack. Stopped using the drinking tube a few years back after it separated from the bladder inside my pack (completely my fault) and I found I had soaked all my gear. Been working fine as a refill device for my Nalgene and don't plan on changing any time soon.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
during early Summer I run with Camelback 3L half frozen-half water...of course condensation happens after. I learned to keep it inside a dry bag, to keep condensation inside the dry bag with a wick / Shammy towel wrapped around the bladder. Nice cool towel to wipe sweat during breaks

Nalgene or Smart Water bottle during winter.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I like the Platypus 3L zip top. Light. Strong. Easy to clean. Works fantastic and personally prefer them to a camelback.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I sweat like a pig and need a lot of water, so I love my hydration bladder. Doesn’t get that cold where I am, so I’ve only had the tube freeze a couple of times. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks for me.