Hydro dip?

Tuby27

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hydro dipped their stocks? What’s the best methods? Looking for a carbon fiber look on a synthetic stock. What clear coat do you use, I want a soft touch/rubbery texture. Thanks...pics welcome!

How is the durability long term? I guess it mainly depends on the top/clear coat you put on it? I would be concerned about the texture feeling too slippery or tacky

I sent my McMillan to Hydrodip in Oregon. Came out great and was super durable.
a0f18a8d5df46f96bcaad9eb6f8595f3.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

How is the durability long term? I guess it mainly depends on the top/clear coat you put on it? I would be concerned about the texture feeling too slippery or tacky

I’d echo this question. Can anyone comment on the long term durability of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long-term durably has not been great from the few stocks that I have had hydro dipped. I won't be doing any more unless it just sits in the safe....

As for durability, I guess it was pretty good. It's like paint. Paint can get scratched just like the Hydrodip. It all depends on the clear coat that applied after. Mine wasn't too slippery or tacky. It felt like the original McMillan painted finish. The fact it's not glossy and the checkered probably helped a little too.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

I sent a Kimber Montana stock to Utah Hydrographics, they did a great job with a Vias pattern. I’ll have to get it out in good light to snap some good pictures. I’d send them stuff again.
If you have a pic I’d love to see it. I am considering a T3X stock in exactly that pattern.

Back