I-70 Closed Glenwood Canyon

11boo

WKR
Video I saw looks like an air strike hit it. Gonna be a while,
and there is now a huge ravine that will continue to bomb that section of highway when it rains hard.

Gapmaster

WKR
Was through there in late June and it was closed for a bit. Watershed definitely screwed there for awhile.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
There is a LOT of material on the road deck.
It's full from gunnel to gunnel.
I even have to drive that detour tomorrow. It's a pretty drive and the one pass is much lower than either Loveland or Vail

Based on past experience, when it does open, it will be one lane each direction at 45 mph. I'd say it will be at least a month before that happens. My governor totally sucks, as do my Senate members, who will pass an infrastructure bill with 0 dollars to fix this mess.

Love Colorado, hate the front range assholes that run it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
c061773c2fa32224f5edeeefd3441510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
Indefinitely?? Do they really have no idea when it will reopen?

The problem is that this isn't a one and done event. Due to all the burn scars from the fires last year there have been multiple mudslides over the last month that have closed I-70. There will also be additional mudslides over the next month as they try to fix things that will impact the fixes. With any roadwork in Colorado never rely on an estimate because there is a good chance that it will change quite a bit.