I know I shouldn't

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
I know goats are way down. I have never hunted them. Put in for ever in a lot of states. Even with the cuts in wyoming, I will probably draw my unit. It is a trophy unit. I have tried for this unit for ever. If I get this tag I chose this unit for its country. I have always wanted to hunt deer or goats in this unit. To me its about the time out there. Should I pass And just get the point, which will take me to 8. I do know nice goats will be shot there this fall, ..... just wandering what hunters think is ethical after last winter

Buck yes if they cut numbers, does no way. I live in Southern Alberta and we have Antelope here at the Northern end of their range. One bad winter and a not so experienced biologist reduced our numbers drastically about 15 years ago. Numbers have slowly increased since. I am just starting to see animals in areas I hunt where previously there were 4 to 500 animals now there are 150 ish. Here a bad winter can claim up to half our population.

Last edited:

Maverick1

WKR
I know goats are way down. I have never hunted them. Put in for ever in a lot of states. Even with the cuts in wyoming, I will probably draw my unit. It is a trophy unit. I have tried for this unit for ever. If I get this tag I chose this unit for its country. I have always wanted to hunt deer or goats in this unit. To me its about the time out there. Should I pass And just get the point, which will take me to 8. I do know nice goats will be shot there this fall, ..... just wandering what hunters think is ethical after last winter
Is it your “job” to determine how many tags are issued per season?

Waiting here for the tag draws, buck and doe put in, will not use the doe tag no matter what happens if I draw. The hunt was set up 2 years ago. 2019 same situation never used the doe tag but killed a nice buck. A couple extra dollars for an un-used doe tag is a small price to pay in order to help out the population hopefully. Never been a doe killer of any big game animal.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
Someone will be drawing that tag and shooting an antelope in that unit. Game and Fish reduced tag numbers where needed. If you're okay burning your points on a year like this, you might as well be the one filling the tag.

wytx

WKR
Yep, come hunt if you draw.
I wouldn't take a doe but that is your choice.
Might just be a great year for horn and antler growth.

OP
frank church guy

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
you all are right. If i draw it I will definately go. I have was wnted to hike around this area. And I wouldn't does if it was possible. For me it is a trophy hunt. Hopefully by the time I am on this hunt my freezer will be packed wirh a moose. And the older I get the less I feel the need to kill things. I just want to hunt the area and enjoy it. I will be coming from fairbanks, so its jaunt for speed goats. But I never hunted them and have wanted to for a long time. Thanks for the responses.

Rich M

WKR
you all are right. If i draw it I will definately go. I have was wnted to hike around this area. And I wouldn't does if it was possible. For me it is a trophy hunt. Hopefully by the time I am on this hunt my freezer will be packed wirh a moose. And the older I get the less I feel the need to kill things. I just want to hunt the area and enjoy it. I will be coming from fairbanks, so its jaunt for speed goats. But I never hunted them and have wanted to for a long time. Thanks for the responses.
They are fun. Very visible, great eye sight. Very habitual…if they were there yesterday they should be there tomorrow, at least as long as another guy doesnt bump them.

The bucks look alike until they get big.

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Life is getting shorter by the day, go hunting. I just applied for my unit 72 tag yesterday.

WBrim

WKR
I would go for the tag. Someone’s going to get it. Especially if it’s a low tag unit already.

WBrim

WKR
But the. Again, you titled “I know I shouldn’t”
I would probably do it, but you need to do what you feel is right. Make a decision and stand by it!
Good luck!

tracker12

WKR
You not putting in is just allocating the tag to someone else. Only way you can contribute if you feel the need to is to draw the tag and not hunt it. I would never encourage that. Put in draw the tag and enjoy the hunt. Mother Nature will take care of itself.

Waiting here for the tag draws, buck and doe put in, will not use the doe tag no matter what happens if I draw. The hunt was set up 2 years ago. 2019 same situation never used the doe tag but killed a nice buck. A couple extra dollars for an un-used doe tag is a small price to pay in order to help out the population hopefully. Never been a doe killer of any big game animal.

Do you want a cookie, I’ve shot plenty of does and they all tasted delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal preference, I also like antelope meat, but like I stated if I draw a doe tag also it will come home with me.