I need a new ground blind

I hunted out of my last one for many years. Don’t really know how many. Put up in October and pulled in February. It had its last hunt in January. What do y’all use? Needs to be big enough for two. Mainly interested in durability.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Ameristep Caretaker. I bought that in late 2019 and have had it out every season since for extended periods. The 2022 season it was out mid-September until mid-January. It has a few pin holes and one side mesh was wrecked by mice when it was blown over in a heavy wind/rain storm and it took me three days to pick it up. It's still in good shape and a quick shot of spray-can Flex-seal will take care of any widening pin holes.

SloppyJ

WKR
I picked up a Bog Gravedigger last Black Friday and I'm super impressed with it. Very well made. I don't know that I could stomach the full price but I would buy a couple more if I ever see them on sale again.

Matter of fact I just put it up this weekend for Muzzleloader this coming weekend and the youth hunt next weekend. It has a triangular footprint which I thought was odd at first but it's very helpful to keep the footprint size down and maximize internal space.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked one for a screaming deal on campfire a few weeks back. I’d keep an eye out there.

slowr1der

FNG
I love the Ameristep Doghouse blind. I've tried l several others but always end up back at it. It's a 2 person blind, but there isn't a ton of extra room with two people. It's small enough that it's easy to carry around and set up on the fly though, which is why I like it so much.

I've had a few bigger blinds, but they are just too much to carry around imo. They are fine if you're going to leave them setup long term, but then they don't last long.

WCB

WKR
Double Bulls...hands down.

I bought a real cheap Primos and have an Ameristep dog house and some other cheap ones. For my main blinds that stay up for a while or are more exposed to weather wind etc. Double Bull no question.

I use the cheaper blinds as extras or quick pop up take down if my Double Bulls are set out already. But again If I just had 1 or 2 Double Bull is the answer

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
www.luckyshuntingblinds.com

Have 3. Bought the first one at least 10 years ago and it is still great.

Only issue is that they don't stop an arrow if you're shooting at a turkey that is too close to your blind and you don't look at where your arrow is compared to your sight.

griller

FNG
I've had good success with two Ameristep models, the Care Taker and their Throwdown camo panels. I like to set up by a tree with the panels & it does a great job of breaking up my outline and allows for some movement without being detected.

I bought a Barronet Prowler 350 this year and I'm impressed with it. The thing has withstood some heavy wind and rain so far without an issue. It's marketed as a 3 person blind so there is plenty of room for two.

The best feature for me is that I can stand upright to fling an arrow out the windows.

Barronet Prowler 350

I have both double bull and xenek. The xenek blind is by far the best blind I have ever owned. It is truly setup for archery hunters in mind.

sticktime

FNG
Double Bulls...hands down.

I bought a real cheap Primos and have an Ameristep dog house and some other cheap ones. For my main blinds that stay up for a while or are more exposed to weather wind etc. Double Bull no question.

I use the cheaper blinds as extras or quick pop up take down if my Double Bulls are set out already. But again If I just had 1 or 2 Double Bull is the answer
I second the double bull. Heavy, so as long as weight isn't a factor. Can comfortably fit two adults or you and a few kids