I silenced Aron Snyder.......'s bino harness

nosajnh

FNG
Silencing Tape!
My only issue with the Kifaru Bino Harness was the noise of the Cordura rubbing against its self or my gear. I took care of the noise by covering the cordura on the bino and range finder buckets with micro fleece silencing tape.

I really like the form and function of this bino harness when I am in my saddle. I love the nonmagnetic, forward opening lid. If I am climbing with my one stick with my bino harness on, I do have to pay attention that the lid does catch on my bridge an open as I move my one stick up. They have incorporated thoughtful storage, including a seperate spot in front of the binos for my phone and a spare pair of glasses. The Tweave side pocket holds my release securely, in an ergonomicly accessible spot. The molle on the front gives me a spot to hang my milkweed. I also have the range finder pouch and find that very functional as well.
Off course you can complain that you have to supply your own tethers and your own silencing tape however all the other features make it worth it.
For context this is my first and only piece of Kifaru gear so this review is not coming from a fan boy, viewing the harness through Kifaru colored glasses.20231012_213238.jpg20231012_220850.jpg

Once they come out with bigger sizes, I'll be switching over to the Safari Tuff bino harness. I just got the rangefinder pouch and it is absolutely perfect and dead silent. Currently using a marsupial which is good, but still loud. The material they make there bow cases and Bino harness out of is amazing.