Maven B2 11x45 Bino Harness

Just got a pair of maven b2 11x45 and I’m in need of a bino harness. I would like an fhf or Kuiu harness but I don’t know if I would need a larger than standard size for either or. I’m on the cheaper side and like to buy second hand so I’m trying to do my research before committing to anything. Also any other suggestions I’m curious to hear out. Thank you.

I have used the kuiu pro harness for several years with my b2 9x45 and that harness sucks unless you want to add gobs of other stuff hanging off of it. The pockets are only barely useable. I can fit an aircheck bottle and a lens pen in one side, and a kestrel in the other. The front zipper pocket is totally worthless.

OP
S
That is good to know. What have you found useful as of lately? It will be my first bino harness. I’m used to just throwing my glass in my bag and run around like that.

I had the 9x45 and handled the 8.5x44. Both felt quite robustly built and had excellent central sharpness and contrast. The maven (well I had the sig version) was a bit brighter in daylight (thanks AK prisms!) but had much higher chromatic abberation. Unacceptably high for their price in my opinion. The kowa on the other hand had practically none and was quite remarkable in that regard. Both were large but fit my (largish) hands comfortably. The maven is longer and the kowa chunkier. The focuser on the kowa felt more "premium" but both worked well. That's about all I remember.

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried a couple different brands with the 11x45 binos over the years. I bought the stone glacier bino harness 2 seasons ago and I am very happy with it for fit and function with the mavens.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
If you buy the Kuiu you’ll want the bigger size. The Kuiu will wear great on your chest even at the larger size, but ditto on the useless front zipper pocket. I’m convinced the only reason they did it was so they could add “front zipper pocket” to their list of marketing material. I took mine to Colorado on 3rd season mule deer 2 years ago, and got stopped by the game warden who was checking tags and hunter ed. I had both in that front zipper pocket. In order to get them out, I had to take the harness off and use my Multitool to reach in and pull out the license and hunters ed card. Totally ridiculous.

I just picked up some 11x B2’s from a member on here and have them in a Medium Enclosed Marsupial. It’s breaking in nicely, and bonus is I can actually use the front zipper pocket. So that’s great! That would be my recommendation, Medium enclosed Marsupial harness. Nothing against FHF personally, but there’s a reason their newest harness is basically just a straight up clone of the Marsupial, so I’d say just buy the original and go marsupial. But I doubt you’d be unhappy with the FHF.

That is good to know. What have you found useful as of lately? It will be my first bino harness. I’m used to just throwing my glass in my bag and run around like that.

I haven't replaced it yet. By the time I decided I hated it, I had put enough wear on it that it'd be a huge loss trying to resell it, so I figured I'd get my money's worth and then find something that works well for the next one

OP
S
looking for something that will pair well with the gunfighterinc chest holster. The marsupial seems like it would run well over it as well as offer plenty of space. I’ll look into it a bit more

Medium marsupial works with 9s. Kuiu large works but barely gets over the eye cups when extended.

Kifaru large works and I imagine it’s easier to close than the size medium but kifaru recommends the medium.