I thought all tikka t3 stocks where interchangeable.

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed my new tikka t3x superlite stock is defiant than my old T3x. it seems the new one has a bigger recoil pad changing the length of pull by 1/4" . I was going to swap over my old stock and i realized the new stock has second screw from the stock to i assume to the barrel. where the old one doesn't . will the older style and new style interchange?

Macintosh

WKR
Not sure what you are looking at, but t3x stocks should interchange. Definitely no 3rd screw into the barrel, suspect you are seeing the screw on forend that only goes to a brass insert in the stock—it is to allow attaching tikkas wider add-on forend and does not touch the action. Between the sling stud and that, and sometimes a third DIY screw, you can also attach various rails to the forend.

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
The third bolt is for attaching things to the stock and does not go into the barreled action.

Not sure what you are looking at, but t3x stocks should interchange. Definitely no 3rd screw into the barrel, suspect you are seeing the screw on forend that only goes to a brass insert in the stock—it is to allow attaching tikkas wider add-on forend and does not touch the action. Between the sling stud and that, and sometimes a third DIY screw, you can also attach various rails to the forend.
Thanks Now I feel stupid. It's the third bolt I just assumed it went into barrel action. I think i prefer the old stock without the interchangeable grip and extra screw. I might look for a left-hand aftermarket stock. I also noticed that the new gun they put the seral number on the action barrel and bolt. my old one was just on action.

atmat

WKR
Thanks Now I feel stupid. It's the third bolt I just assumed it went into barrel action. I think i prefer the old stock without the interchangeable grip and extra screw. I might look for a left-hand aftermarket stock. I also noticed that the new gun they put the seral number on the action barrel and bolt. my old one was just on action.
I think I heard the serial number on the bolt has to do with laws now requiring them to do so.

I swapped my OG T3 stock with a T3x stock to utilize the vertical grip factory mod. It’s a direct swap. Also, the T3x has an improved recoil lug. The T3 stock came with I believe an aluminum lug that would deform over time with recoil.