I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Good - Elk Hunting Film with Ryan Avery

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those goats looked like a lot work for a 30lb max load?

Ryan can chime in here but they can carry way more than 30lb. More like 60-70lb depending on the goats size packing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Those goats looked like a lot work for a 30lb max load?

This dude can roll with 50-60 pounds all day
c0f3db3613b96428173a70a5b2d30fed.jpg

This dude jumped a 3 strand fence with 60 pounds of elk meat on his back.
f5f3e8a6dfb19d6eca0430e758e30aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC in AZ

FNG
I know nothing about goats and was intrigued to see them being used. I thought it was said on the show that the elk had to be cut up into 30lb pieces for the goats. I just misunderstood the statement.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know nothing about goats and was intrigued to see them being used. I thought it was said on the show that the elk had to be cut up into 30lb pieces for the goats. I just misunderstood the statement.

Gotcha, I think he was meaning 30lbs for each pannier.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
This video was awesome!
I learned so much...river crossing ballet, chiropractic field techniques, knot tying like a mountain pirate, the purpose for the infamous spare underwear and the use of a good bullet caddie to hand you cartridges one at a time like a Rockefeller.

Ryan Exotic is a true inspiration to the rest of us common folk decked all out in his matching hunting gear like a catalog model.

Not sure why the Idahoan is complaining out his Nebraska “guide service” though, damn near shot that bull from inside the tent!! That’s Platinum Level right there.

PS I see a future blockbuster series featuring the Dead-eye Ginger.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know how I haven't seen this yet, but after all these comments I have high expectations. Goat packing content is #1!