Idaho mule deer

Mfarro77

FNG
Hello all,

I wasn’t aware I couldn’t mention specific units on here so my last post got removed… anyways- I just moved to idaho from nevada last year and it’s my first season here in Idaho. I got a controlled mule deer buck tag in the hells canyon area… I’ve done a decent amount of scouting and planned on staying on the snake river side due to the fact that’s the only area I’ve seen mule deer (I’ve only seen whitetail on the salmon river side). Does anyone have any advice for hunting this area? Thanks!

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the site. I wish I could help but I don't have any advice in that area. I will be hunting mule deer with a OTC tag in Oct. Good luck!

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t realize I couldn’t talk unit specific…so anyways I will be in this canyon area on this side…haha. I’m not trying to start nothing, just don’t be surprised if nobody says anything. I have never hunted the area you are talking about, but guarantee I could find it now. You said you have seen deer in there. Go get em. Welcome to the site

Last edited:
OP
M

Mfarro77

FNG
Didn’t realize I couldn’t talk unit specific…so anyways I will be in this canyon area on this side…haha. I’m not trying to start nothing, just don’t be surprised if nobody says anything. I have never hunted the area you are talking about, but guarantee I could find it now. You said you have seen deer in there. Go get em. Welcome to the site
Yeah the whole point was to get advice on the unit people know I’m describing. All of the details I shared are pretty easy to find online. I actually found that information from this forum, so it’s readily accessible for anyone. Also since you don’t know about the area I’m in-the unit has extremely intense terrain.. just by saying “this side of the canyon” doesn’t even begin to describe the thousands of feet of elevation gain and thick forest cover in just one draw on one mountain. I’ve gotten various messages so I don’t think other people were as offended. Thank you though

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Right on man, glad to hear it. Hope you get a good one. Idaho can be a grind