Idaho Non-Resident Tag Sale coming soon

BiG_Sea

FNG
Got this in email today:

“Dear Hunter,

Idaho nonresident deer and elk tags for the 2024 hunting season go on sale Dec. 1 starting at 10 a.m. MST.

Demand for tags is expected to be high on Dec. 1 and we are going to do it the same way again in order to waste your time throughout your work day. Hunters should plan accordingly; burn a vacation day or call in sick and expect long wait times, system slowness, a limited number of products available for purchase and absolutely no way to set up a hunt with friends, residents or not.

Before the sale, please verify your account information so that it's up to date and you don’t get kicked out of line for cause (note that you may still be kicked out of line without cause).

If sale updates are necessary on the day of the sale, information will be posted on our social media channels or through our nonresident email distribution list because the network engineering firm we contracted with is actually just Dale’s brother and his HTML For Dummies book doesn’t suggest any way to provide system updates directly to users. Be sure to follow us on social media or sign up again for our nonresident emails before the sale.

As the sale gets closer, we will be providing additional details and best practices on how to prepare for the show. Also, non-resident users should bear in mind that there is no better way to allocate tags, at least for us. The draw systems used by other states are not detailed in Dale’s brother’s “For Dummies” collection and he won the bid for a 99 year contract, fair and square.

Sincerely,

Idaho Department of Wild Amounts of Out-of-State Hunting and Fishing Revenue”

Paully_CA

FNG
Finally got to the front of the line this morning only to get a message saying something went wrong and I'd have to get back in line. Anyone else have this problem?

OP
B

BiG_Sea

FNG
Finally got to the front of the line this morning only to get a message saying something went wrong and I'd have to get back in line. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, two years ago. That is part of why, even though i am off work today, i’m not participating in the ID circus.

OP
B

BiG_Sea

FNG
And I should add that i totally feel for you. Since they switched to this system, we have tried every year before now to work out a cool hunt as a group. It’s been an absolute mess every time, and we just finally threw in the towel and agreed to get together with our ID friends for upland hunts, and do our big game hunts elsewhere.