AI help with tag applications

Slim Jim

WKR
I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of AI and it’s pretty cool. It’s here and it’s the future whether we like it or not. What I want to know is, can ChatGPT, Genesis, Bard, or other AI capable of doing our research for tags? Especially nonresident with everything that changes each year with regs, tag creep, etc. It’s getting difficult to sort through and time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
What I want to know is, can ChatGPT, Genesis, Bard, or other AI capable of doing our research for tags? Especially nonresident with everything that changes each year with regs, tag creep, etc. It’s getting difficult to sort through and time consuming.

I sure hope not. It’s supposed to be time consuming. About the last thing we need is more information on how to draw tags.

I can’t remember what tag/draw related question I searched on chat GPT. Something fairly nuanced but I knew the answer. Chat GPT regurgitated some dead wrong information 😂

wayoh22

WKR
At the moment, no. You'd need a lot of money and time to develop an AI model to pull the data, analyze , and teach the model to respond.

That's why GoHunt and Huntin Fool exists. They basically doing this "manually" and providing a user friendly UI that accomplishes the same thing.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
At the moment, no. You'd need a lot of money and time to develop an AI model to pull the data, analyze , and teach the model to respond.

That's why GoHunt and Huntin Fool exists. They basically doing this "manually" and providing a user friendly UI that accomplishes the same thing.

Doesn’t AI gather all information from the internet? Unless those services have a way to block it. I’m sure once everyone has AI agents those services will be obsolete

I think some of the best part of hunting is in planning your hunt yourself ! get on a forum and start asking questions from individuals that have hunted areas that your Interested in hunting and know about the regions and quotas ….if you haven’t got time for this do you really have time to hunt ??
why would you want to rely on AL to make you decisions for you. Personally you’d enjoy a hunt you took the time and planed and applied for yourself much more. Just my personal opinion. I hate all the this new age , but then again I’m an old man.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I think some of the best part of hunting is in planning your hunt yourself ! get on a forum and start asking questions from individuals that have hunted areas that your Interested in hunting and know about the regions and quotas ….if you haven’t got time for this do you really have time to hunt ??
why would you want to rely on AL to make you decisions for you. Personally you’d enjoy a hunt you took the time and planed and applied for yourself much more. Just my personal opinion. I hate all the this new age , but then again I’m an old man.

Isn’t that what GoHunt, Hunting Fool, and other services do? They gather information from states to help with decisions. Not any different just quicker

wayoh22

WKR
Doesn’t AI gather all information from the internet? Unless those services have a way to block it. I’m sure once everyone has AI agents those services will be obsolete

Not quite - that's not exactly how AI works. AI are models that can perform tasks that usually require human intelligence - think speech recognition, decision-making, visual perception...etc

I think what you're referring to is actually called machine learning. That involves teaching models to learn from data and improve performance with explicitly being told. This is used for large data sets.

So in this case, every states seasons and the dates that accompany them. Then add on draw odds, success rates, and all the other variables that go into it. It's a lot of work and computing power to train something to be well versed in it.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I don’t know much about all this crazy technology, I just know it’s happening fast exponentially. I’d love to revisit this post in another 5-7 years.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
The Biden administration just announced the investment of 5 billion dollars for research and development of computer chip technology. I’m sure that’ll help speed things up even more