Idaho Unit 27 Flight Share

Hey guys,

I drew an Idaho mule deer tag (Nov 1- 18) for unit 27 in the frank church and I am looking to fly in.

I was curious if anyone wants to split the plane ride into the middle fork somewhere (undecided on exact strip).

I’m not looking for someone to hunt with, just someone to split the cost of the flight with. I’ll be backpacking for 7-8 days - fly in saturday, fly out the next Saturday or Sunday depending on flight availability. We could work out the actual dates.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested! I’d be happy to talk to anyone who’d be willing to split the flight costs then head our own ways once on the ground.

OP
N
About me: I’m a 28 year old Marine Corps vet who lives in Livingston, Montana. I work in the hunting industry. I consider myself a pretty experienced backcountry hunter. I spend 10-20 nights in the backcountry each season here in Montana from September to November. I’m not a guy who gives up easily on a hunt.

Like I said in the original post - I’m not looking for someone to hunt with, just someone to split the plane ride with me. I’d obviously have contact with you via Inreach for emergency situations and possibly to share info but I do not intend on hunting with another person.

If I kill a deer early in the trip, I will not leave early (unless you have killed or are wanting to leave early). I am looking for someone who shares this same view on the hunt and isn’t going to want me to leave on day 2 if they kill early.

It’d help if you posted the $ cost.

Good luck. I looked at that tag but decided against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ginner

FNG
If I had the tag I would definitely be in. I’ve wanted to do this exact deal for a while!

I would check with the Idaho aviation association !! I saw an article few months back about a federal lawsuit involving the airstrips & pilots flying in & out of the FCW !! According to the article the airstrips in the FCW were designated for Emergency use Only by the Feds & apparently a lot of outfitters & pilots have been using them on a regular basis. These groups suing were asking for an immediate NO FLY zone in there

OP
N
I called around and got some pricing. Sounds like $500-750 per person depending on the strip. That would be 2 people and backpacking gear, and includes hauling 2 mule deer out on the exit.

I would check with the Idaho aviation association !! I saw an article few months back about a federal lawsuit involving the airstrips & pilots flying in & out of the FCW !! According to the article the airstrips in the FCW were designated for Emergency use Only by the Feds & apparently a lot of outfitters & pilots have been using them on a regular basis. These groups suing were asking for an immediate NO FLY zone in there
I think that just involves the Big Creek 4. I don't think any of the chartered air services will land clients there.
https://missoulian.com/news/local/l...cle_b09dbfa2-1063-11ee-bf60-4f6d1e26e72a.html

RustyRust

FNG
Hey guys,

I drew an Idaho mule deer tag (Nov 1- 18) for unit 27 in the frank church and I am looking to fly in.

I was curious if anyone wants to split the plane ride into the middle fork somewhere (undecided on exact strip).

I’m not looking for someone to hunt with, just someone to split the cost of the flight with. I’ll be backpacking for 7-8 days - fly in saturday, fly out the next Saturday or Sunday depending on flight availability. We could work out the actual dates.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested! I’d be happy to talk to anyone who’d be willing to split the flight costs then head our own ways once on the ground.
Interested send me PM