CRAZY Question: 4th Season Unit 44

OP
C

CCH

WKR
I'm expecting to make this happen -- hopefully next year, and there have been numerous comments here and elsewhere about the need for an ATV or Side by Side of some sort. I have a new question. Would a Suzuki Sidekick or Samurai work? I ask because I'm moving and need to get a more affordable daily driver to keep the miles off my Chevy 2500 and save on gas. If I could kill two birds with one stone, that would be ideal. I don't see myself using an ATV much beyond this hunt. We haul a camper and can't really bring one along on most of our recreation. A small, cheap 4x4 that doesn't need to be trailered is something I could get a lot of use out of where I'm at.

For reference a Samurai is 135″ L x 61″ W x 65″ H and weigh somewhere around 2,100 pounds. Sidekicks go up a bit in all dimensions. Thanks again for all the help.

I'm expecting to make this happen -- hopefully next year, and there have been numerous comments here and elsewhere about the need for an ATV or Side by Side of some sort. I have a new question. Would a Suzuki Sidekick or Samurai work? I ask because I'm moving and need to get a more affordable daily driver to keep the miles off my Chevy 2500 and save on gas. If I could kill two birds with one stone, that would be ideal. I don't see myself using an ATV much beyond this hunt. We haul a camper and can't really bring one along on most of our recreation. A small, cheap 4x4 that doesn't need to be trailered is something I could get a lot of use out of where I'm at.

For reference a Samurai is 135″ L x 61″ W x 65″ H and weigh somewhere around 2,100 pounds. Sidekicks go up a bit in all dimensions. Thanks again for all the help.
The year I was up there 4th season, the roads were a quagmire and I would not have taken a jeep with 4 chains on many roads and that includes Gypsum Creek Road as it was so slick and muddy you'd likely slide off. There certainly are areas you can hunt with a 4WD vehicle but just that you'd be limited. For a tag like that, I'd not want to be limited. Consider buying a used one just for the season and sell it when you are done. UHaul rents trailers suitable for ATV's if you can't borrow someone's. You could also maybe rent one but whether that'd be more than buying then selling you'd hafta look at that. This is all weather dependent of course as this year 4th season didn't have much snow. I know a guy that had the tag this year and they got their 4WD and trailer stuck trying to get into camp to setup (couple days before season). They made it but the weather was relatively favorable for decent road conditions. BTW, he shot a great buck. Check out Mile High Note Game Calls Instagram Page!