Idaho-Unit 39, 27, 20, 20a

Anybody hunting the November elk season in these units who wants to share info? I've got some places I've hunted previously that I won't be in this year that I can point you to as far as general areas. I've done this multiple times and it's usually a win-win. I got a guy on multiple bears this spring. If you're hunting 20 or 20a, it's gotta be the breaks or I won't be very helpful.

I just don't get to hunt much this year with a deadly combo of new job, move, and family death. Lameness.

I normally get out to a few different places around the state each year. I bounce around too much but it's fun seeing new country.

Haneydew

FNG
I hunted unit 17 , Selway this year and I'm starting to gather info for other units for next year. 20a was one that I was looking at, but it looks to me like there is very little or no road access in the unit. Can you confirm that, and if so , do you know of any Packers that go into this unit??

OP
I
20a has two main road access points. You'll find them if you look closely at the map. They both require serious hikes to get back to where you can expect to find game. I don't know of guys that do drop camps. The outfitters are busy there these days even with lowish game numbers and don't fool with drop camps much. If you don't have horses, a jetboat, or are a very strong backpacker, you don't have a lot of options for 20a.

Planning on hunting 39. Its going to be my only chance for elk as I have to leave for a "buisness" trip for 45day mid November. When is the military going to learn, I cant leave in the fall!! Unless its somewhere with good hunting!