Idaho unit 39

Fulker250

FNG
This will be my first time hunting 39 with a B tag. Just wondering what to expect weather wise that time of year. Any input would be great.

39 is a very large unit.. are you hunting the norther part or the southern part?
Weather could be anywhere from 70s to 2foot of snow and single digits.. I know that's not much help but it's the truth..

OP
F

Fulker250

FNG
39 is a very large unit.. are you hunting the norther part or the southern part?
Weather could be anywhere from 70s to 2foot of snow and single digits.. I know that's not much help but it's the truth..
Was planning on hunting the northern part

As stated above, it could vary from one extreme to another. Keep tire chains and a chainsaw with you. A lot of that unit is in old fire scars. Windstorms and burnt snags don't mix well.

pingpong7

FNG
Been hunting this unit since I was 12. More and more your weather will most likely be warmer than usual. My $.02 However, the prior conditions stated are possible as well. Haha

Wassid82

WKR
I"ve seen extremely different weather from year to year. However most years I expect to find snow on the tope of mountains and can be on the entire mountain. but they are predicting a La Nina year again and I think that they were predicting warmer weather in the fall this year.