Idaho Unit 6 spring bear

bstockho

FNG
New to the forum, what a great place for information. I am sure this has all been discussed and apologize in advance.

Due to work issues I will be unable hunt this fall. That's not all bad because now I can attempt a Spring bear hunt in Idaho and "scout out" an area for future hunts. This is just now in the works though and I obviously have just a short time to plan.

I will be hunting the third week in May.
The current plan is to stay in Avery and hunt Unit 6 from there. Not knowing the area, what are some issues I may not be considering? Is this a good start, or should I focus somewhere else? I had shoulder surgery recently and will be using a rifle this time.

Thanks everyone.

I've camped just outside of Avery a couple of times so don't have a lot of info. It is very thick around there. We were in FS land the entire time so not many clear cuts, or open areas. If you find timber company lands I'm sure there will be plenary of cuts. Avery is very small with one small motel, one gas pump, and one tavern.

I've camped just outside of Avery a couple of times so don't have a lot of info. It is very thick around there. We were in FS land the entire time so not many clear cuts, or open areas. If you find timber company lands I'm sure there will be plenary of cuts. Avery is very small with one small motel, one gas pump, and one tavern.

That is what I wanted to know. I just bought a permit for access to Potlatch land hoping for better access. Thanks for the info.

Back