ILF vs wood struggle

Felix40

WKR
You do you. A wood riser ILF is a good blend of both worlds. A single string bow, wood or metal, is a stickbow. Get over yourself. The damn trad police make me shake my head sometimes. Usually the ones who are the most vocal can't hit crap with their wood bows anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I thought the point of this thread was to say what we like and why. Don’t get your feelers hurt if I like wood bows and I won’t get mine hurt if everyone likes metal and carbon.

Call them what you want but to me a STICKbow would have at least a little wood on it somewhere. I would think most people could see how it’s a little ironic. It’s just as easy to say recurve or trad bow.

I’m not being the trad police at all. I was just pointing out something I find funny.

Beendare

WKR
Nice bows.

Im anything but a purist. I just said they don’t interest me.
Got it, My bad....I misinterpreted your comment.

I can see both sides of the "Trad" issue. The guys shooting one piece longbows should not be in the same class as a metal riser ILF guy shooting a rest. Apples and Oranges.

FWIW, I have resisted shooting the 19" Tradtech metal riser I picked up a year ago on sale...I just like the look of wood risers.

I just setup that Riser (off the shelf) for shooting a lighter arrow....and DAMMNNN...that thing shoots nice. I can totally see why guys prefer the stability of that heavier metal riser. Its almost like comparing a Side by Side to a nice 3/4 ton truck....

I do like what they do in most of the Trad Tourneys....they make longbows with wood arrows their own class. There is no doubt about it in my mind....my ILF recurves are much easier to shoot consistently accurate vs a one piece longbow.

You guys that haven't shot these tourneys should take the dive.......its a great way to become more intimately familiar with your bow....and all of the guys I've met have been fantastic. In fact, even some of the top shooters in the world are from my general area and they have been very patient and helped me a lot with my shooting.

______

pcf

FNG
Shoot what you wqnt to. For me, simpler is better. A wood and glass bow checks all my boxes.

inyago

FNG
None of this matters anyway, because when the bug bites you are going to end up with as many bows as you want. Ilf, longbow, hybrid, recurve, super recurve, horse bows. And everyone of them will have one or more
wonderful attributes. But starting with a lower draw weight ie- 30 to 40 lbs is almost indisputable.
See its not about questioning your strength, its about holding at full draw, getting all ones alignments right
then aiming the arrow to go where you want it to go. Much easier with less weight, you are not so rushed.

None of this matters anyway, because when the bug bites you are going to end up with as many bows as you want. Ilf, longbow, hybrid, recurve, super recurve, horse bows. And everyone of them will have one or more
wonderful attributes. But starting with a lower draw weight ie- 30 to 40 lbs is almost indisputable.
See its not about questioning your strength, its about holding at full draw, getting all ones alignments right
then aiming the arrow to go where you want it to go. Much easier with less weight, you are not so rushed.
I would say, start to finish, you nailed it

I am shooting a wood thunderhorn longbow now have shot multiple wood bows, and shot a hoyt buffalo the best that i ever shot i am more than likely going to be switching to a ILF recurve here soon or maybe ILF longbow im looking at the backland right now

Nathen

FNG
Ok you are one of those purist line draw types. Many of the custom guys use Carbon in their bows...why is ILF different?

Here are a couple of my ILF Bows....
View attachment 260196
Man, those are good looking bows and would push me over the edge of jumping into ILF bows. Could you give me the stats on those bows? Thanks!

GLB

WKR
Archery IS great! I do envy the person that shoots only one bow. They are probably really good with it. While I do have a preference for D shaped longbows I am digging the ILF bow I got a few months ago.
Even thought I have a preference I don’t limit myself to one bow type and enjoy them all. we are blessed to have so many good options.