Illinois Guy Introduction

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
Newish to the site. Definitely became interested in the site due to Aron Snyder and Kifarucast. Enjoying everything I have been reading.

A little about me: grew up on a farm in South Dakota, hunted whitetail and pheasants until I left for college and my parents sold the farm. After I graduated college, career, family, and other interests put the hunting hobby on hold for about 5 years. Then I purchased 4.5 acres of woods where my house is at and I started getting interested in archery.

I was traditionally always a gun hunter and never traveled more than a 1/4 mile from the truck for most hunting. Since I have picked up the bow, I'm addicted to hunting again. I went archery elk hunting in Idaho solo and hog hunting in Texas with my father last year. Also been doing treestand hunting for whitetail in Illinois.

Nothing against whitetail hunting, but it doesn't significantly interest me outside of the planning on how to ambush an animal. I'm now getting fully into the western hunting and backpacking.

Thanks to the Rokslide crew for having a site where so many like-minded people can share ideas and information. Looking forward to learning more meeting new people.

OP
G

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate it. Not much of a social media person so not sure how much info to provide.

I still enjoy shooting rifles, but don't get the opportunity to as much as I would like. I blame the state for that...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chris S

FNG
Same here. Brand new today and just bored with being in IL. Can’t tell you how much I cant wait to leave Chicago only a couple years until I can retire early.

OP
G

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on the western part of the state. In a suburb of Moline/Quad Cities.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk