I'm looking for a Moose cancellation hunt 2020

Beendare

WKR
Just tossing it out there. I'm elk hunting [hopefully] the first of Sept for 10-14 days and looking for a Cancellation moose hunt in the second 1/2 of September to first week of October or so.

If anyone hears of something please let me know......

Scottyboy

WKR
What state/province are you looking at? I’m signed up to get cancellation hunt notices from a few different places and will keep you in mind

Wapiti1

WKR
Check with Doug McMann at Skinner Creek in BC. He had some Oct. moose hunts available that were discounted. Lodge or backcountry, your choice, if I remember right. He runs a solid outfit.

I know I saw another, but need to dig to find it.

Jeremy

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
What state/province are you looking at? I’m signed up to get cancellation hunt notices from a few different places and will keep you in mind

Appreciate the help guys. ...bowhunt BTW.

It has to be the last half of Sept to early Oct as I'm committed on an Elk hunt early Sept- any location considered. The Alaska dates shut off a tad too early for me and I hate that as a guy has to pretty much decide between elk and moose.

We did do a drop camp moose in AK a couple years back and then hunt elk late in MT as there season runs long. Not the best strategy...moose was a little early...and elk a little late after they had been chased quite a bit.

______

NUGGET

WKR
I read it incorrectly, thought he was looking for a hunt first week of September. Calm down. It’s just strangers on the internet.

So I’ll edit to say the best moose unit in AK is open to the 30th

NUGGET

WKR
I read it incorrectly, thought he was looking for a hunt first week of September. Calm down. It’s just strangers on the internet.

So I’ll edit to say the best moose unit in AK is open to the 30th
You’re not going to hurt my feelers. And I’m smart enough to know there’s no such thing as the best unit in AK for anything. It’s part of the beauty up here...

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Well thanks for keeping this thread- going ....grin

Yeah ,Nugget nailed it....elk until the 14th so I will need a season into the 1st week of Oct at least.

___

I hunted Alaskan moose 10 days into October last year and there was one more group that came in following me. So not all units are closed by the end of Sept. It all depends on what unit you are in.