I’m torn !! Waypoint 2020 vs Seekins Havak PH2

I recently ordered the Seekins Havak ph2 in 6.5prc in mountain shadow, can’t wait for it to arrive. Thumb swell is not really an issue to me if you think about it you shouldn’t be wrapping your thumb around it any ways it should be more inline with the stock.

Seekins will have far superior customer support if you run into an issue
I called Springfield with a question and they answered all my questions.
I never had to wait for a call back or on hold, I got right through and talked to a technician.
Even the people that have had serious problems, that I've seen in forums, were taken care of and problems were fixed or replaced/remedied.
So you're just assuming because Springfield is a "Big Box" gun manufacturer.
You'd be wrong.

I called Springfield with a question and they answered all my questions.
I never had to wait for a call back or on hold, I got right through and talked to a technician.
Even the people that have had serious problems, that I've seen in forums, were taken care of and problems were fixed or replaced/remedied.
So you're just assuming because Springfield is a "Big Box" gun manufacturer.
You'd be wrong.
My experience with Springfield support has been with their pistols and in my case is was not on par with seekins. Yes this is just one example and I believe they do make nice rifles. I would just rather spend my money on the Havak

Getting ready to order a ph2 and this is the only thing that has got me nervous! Any sky have input on this?
I have two; one in 6mm Creeedmoor and one in 6.5 PRC (man I wish they made these in 7/08 or 280 AI). I have small hands and love the palm swell. It makes it easier for me to have what I determine to be a proper firing grip. Don't let some else's "deal breaker" issue automatically be yours. At a minimun, dry fire one several times or, better yet, if you can, shoot one that belongs to a friend. Heck, if you live near Billings, MT, you're welcome to take mine out and shoot it. You just may be a convert. I speculate that if we grew up shooting rifels with the palm swell from day one, the "normal" stock configuration would feel unacceptably narrow to most of us. That's just my opinion my friend.

I have two; one in 6mm Creeedmoor and one in 6.5 PRC (man I wish they made these in 7/08 or 280 AI). I have small hands and love the palm swell. It makes it easier for me to have what I determine to be a proper firing grip. Don't let some else's "deal breaker" issue automatically be yours. At a minimun, dry fire one several times or, better yet, if you can, shoot one that belongs to a friend. Heck, if you live near Billings, MT, you're welcome to take mine out and shoot it. You just may be a convert. I speculate that if we grew up shooting rifels with the palm swell from day one, the "normal" stock configuration would feel unacceptably narrow to most of us. That's just my opinion my friend.

My thoughts as well.

I shoot a PH1 (previous McMillan stock) and an Element. I like the palm swell on the Seekins rifles. Everyone has their preferences, so go with what you prefer.

Back