Impressed with Kings Camo

Let me start off by saying I'm a Sitka snob. I like my sitka gear a lot. I also really like stone Glacier and the pieces of Kuiu I have.

I recently bought my wife some Kings. We were at scheels and they had a mid weight puffy (i think its called their transition thermolite) that she liked, as well as a fleece hoody in their xk7 camo and I'm genuinely impressed with both pieces. That puffy is actually super quiet compared to my aerolite. It almost makes me want to get one for bowhunting. I wear my aerolite a ton, but it's not the quietest on a still cold morning.

I don't think I'll be getting rid of my Sitka any time soon but I love that they have a full zip grid fleece with a hood, and that puffy being quiet makes me really think I should try a couple pieces

Anybody using Kings?
What's your favorite kings pieces?

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Just commented on the other thread as I missed this one, but I think every hunter should give the preacher pant a try. I started buying kings mainly because they offer shorter size in their inseams. Seems like every company thinks if you have a 34” waist you’re 6’ tall. Didn’t know I’d end up liking them as much as I did and now own several models of their pants and a few other pieces. I’m also a big fan of the covert hoodie and grid fleece.

OP
E
Just commented on the other thread as I missed this one, but I think every hunter should give the preacher pant a try. I started buying kings mainly because they offer shorter size in their inseams. Seems like every company thinks if you have a 34” waist you’re 6’ tall. Didn’t know I’d end up liking them as much as I did and now own several models of their pants and a few other pieces. I’m also a big fan of the covert hoodie and grid fleece.
Just the regular preachers? Man I'll have time give them a second look for sure!

I see their grid fleece is on sale too- what's the scoop with their covert hoodie?

How warm are the preachers? How about water resistance? Was thinking of using them for a goat hunt in early November where temps would be mid 20s-mid 40s.

I used to wear kings 10-12 years ago but got away from them. This year I was in a bind before a hunt and snagged some Ridge pants on sale, they’re now my favorite pants and have got me looking back at the new xkg line that seems to be great quality at a better price point than other brands.

I’ve bought many King’s camo pieces from their XKG line, all for 50% or more of msrp. For the money you cannot beat them.

The transition thermolite mid layer is also a favorite of mine. Their xkg wind defender anorak and bibs are perfect for late season stand hunting. And their zip off merino base layer is comparable to any of the big names, maybe even better.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
How warm are the preachers? How about water resistance? Was thinking of using them for a goat hunt in early November where temps would be mid 20s-mid 40s.

I used to wear kings 10-12 years ago but got away from them. This year I was in a bind before a hunt and snagged some Ridge pants on sale, they’re now my favorite pants and have got me looking back at the new xkg line that seems to be great quality at a better price point than other brands.
They’re reasonably warm. For hiking in those temps they’re just about perfect. But if you’re stationary for long periods you will probably want some puffy pants or base layers. I like to use the zip off base layers if I know I’m going to be sitting. They’re definitely warmer than the ridge pants. IMO if you like the ridge pants you’ll love the preachers. I’ve been switching between them and the draft pants and I like the preacher pants just a little more.

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
The Pinnacle jacket is my favorite, the Boulder vest is #2 Waiting for the Draft pants to go on sale to give them a try. Sold all my FL and bought Kings, zero regrets

ledflight

WKR
Hi, wondering if users think the XKG Wind-Defender Bib is whitetail silent. Looking at them.
Really wanting quiet and windproof, and I like the full side zip to make it possible to walk in with them on in stead of needing to pack them. Thanks!

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
They make a good product and their prices are more than competitive. Usually you can find pretty good sales too. The soft shell jacket is one of my favorites and their shirt and pants are durable for AZ wilderness.

OP
E
They make a good product and their prices are more than competitive. Usually you can find pretty good sales too. The soft shell jacket is one of my favorites and their shirt and pants are durable for AZ wilderness.
I want their sofsthell vest in blaze orange for when I'm grouse hunting!

ledflight

WKR
There's also the cheaper Hunter wind defender series. I am most interested in the windproof bottoms with full leg zip at a nice price!

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Preacher 2.0 pants. They are a mid weight. I’ve worn them in warm weather and wasn’t uncomfortable and worn them when pretty cold with a base layer and stayed warm. I’m 6’ 1” and 185#, usually wear a 32W-34/36L jeans and the 34T fits well.

All I've tried is the pants and they leave something to be desired. They have a very nice material and finish. the pants look good and the DWR treatment is a nice touch. That said the gusseted crotch is a little lacking. The waist of the pants is wider than the hips which I find strange, I think this would be fine but if you have any muscle whatsoever in your legs the thigh section fits like a skinny jean. from the knees down are totally fine and they fit great over boots, hiker or tennis shoes.