Inreach Mini 2 vs. Mini is it worth upgrading?

I've been using an Inreach Mini for several years. I have had issue in deep canyons getting a signal.

Can anyone with real world experience with the Mini 2 share your experiences with it.

Is it really worth upgrading? I've read reviews online and see what the changes are but is it fluff to sell new units or is it really a good upgrade?

Fowl Play

WKR
Was on a 5 day trip in Arizona with a new Mini 2. Allot spent in the black river bottoms. About 150-200 yard wide bottom in 600-1000ft deep canyons and never had issues getting messages out. Much faster than my buddies Explorer+ it seemed. Kept it on 10 min tracking and left with 60% battery. Turned it off every night (I think).

take this for what its worth:
Last fall during hunting season i was using the OG inreach and my hunting partner had the mini 2. His messages would take forever to send & recieve and mine would happen very quickly. We verfied this by checking our text log times when messaging between us. No idea how or why, but this could be a one off but this was our experience.

jgilber5

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW I have the mini (1) and my buddy had the mini 2. Only difference we could see was that I had to charge every 5 days where he made it 10.

gtriple

WKR
I used both in very remote country this spring. The Mini 2 was significantly faster to send and more reliable to receive.

If you have the old Mini AND you have the ability to customize your preset messages, DO NOT UPGRADE. Once you upgrade, I believe you lose the ability to customize the presets.