inreach mini "type contact" issue

ozyclint

WKR
i just bought an inreach mini and it seems to be working fine.
however when i use the 'type contact' function to input a contact manually on the unit itself and send a message to a phone via sms or to an email address, while it sends ok and the recipient gets the message when they reply it doesn't come through to the mini. tried this with 3 different people and none have come back through to the mini.
when i use contacts that were synced from the website to the mini or bluetoothed through the phone app their replies come through ok.

anyone else experienced this? just seems that i can't get replies from contacts that were input into the unit manually via the 'type contact' tab.

since i'm new to the inreach i have burned up all my monthly included messages. does service drop off because of this? even after burning all my messages contacts that were on the inreach via the sync or earthmate work ok. just can't get a reply from the manual contacts so it suggests that over use of meassages isn't the problem.

OP
ozyclint

ozyclint

WKR
well now the whole thing has gone AWOL.
all the contacts listed on my explore account page don't show on the device even after repeated syncing.
the replies that never showed on the device did show on the explore account.
on the explore account there are 6 messages on the preset list instead of just the 3 you are allowed. 3 of them used to be in the quick text list when i opened the account.
the preset list on the device doesn't match the preset list on the account even after syncing.
i can't seem to delete the contacts that i 'typed' into the device. they show simply as phone numbers with no name associated with them. even after i went to my account and input the details there and then synced them.

basically it's gone haywire!.

i was initially impressed, but not i'm not.

i've contacted garmin support so i'm hoping they can sort this $hit out!