InReach SOS by mistake!!

Yup. Did it while we were traveling. Christmas Day last year, we were on our way to see family and I had it the back of my truck in my hunting bag that I had left in the truck. My 2 year old at the time sat right above it in his car seat. Well between the bumps, the dog moving, and my kiddo, the button was pressed. I had no cell service and didn't know anything until I finally hit a little bit of service and a voicemail came through. The gal from inreach called and asked if it was an emergency and let me know that emergency services were being mobilized and to stay calm, it will be okay it it was an emergency. Well I pulled over and my phone started ringing again. I talked with the gal and she explained that local services were mobilizing at the sheriffs office and getting a helicopter to head out. I actually cut her off and told her it was an accidental push, please call and cancel them.....A few minutes later she called me back and said she was able to get them cancelled and they understood it was an accidental push. Talk about embarrassing. Lesson learned, pushing the button works! I had to call my emergency contacts and let them know that we were okay as well.

hikenhunt

WKR
Wow, there are a lot of accidental pushes! Are these happening with an exposed SOS button or are they happening through the covered SOS button???