Insane Prices

MThuntr

WKR
That's cheap if it's Vihtavouri powder

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It was an Accurate Brand powder that was way too fast but I forget the number.

FWIW Grafs and Powder Valley both had a pile of powder an hour ago. Most were from 180-225 per 8lb jug. A bunch of Stabal6.5, Hybrid 100V, and 4831 but I opted not to purchase since I didn't "need" any of them though I am low on 100V

fmyth

WKR
It was an Accurate Brand powder that was way too fast but I forget the number.

FWIW Grafs and Powder Valley both had a pile of powder an hour ago. Most were from 180-225 per 8lb jug. A bunch of Stabal6.5, Hybrid 100V, and 4831 but I opted not to purchase since I didn't "need" any of them though I am low on 100V
All out of stock now.

Twitch

WKR
I told him he was stupid and asking him why. He said quote i wanted to shoot my new gun its all they had.
I asked why he bought a AR.
He thinks the government is going to take them away and wants to protect his family.
My thoughts buy a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or, buy an AR shotgun ;)
Impulse buy. Gophers are F’d now...CD65DB62-A78E-41D9-9F18-160A9DA962DB.jpeg

OP
RichP

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I learned my lesson the last time. Have plenty of supplies on hand!

I'm not going to be the guy who can't shoot my deer rifle more than once a year. I'm buying supplies now, trading for what I need and paying a premium on some of it. But guess what, this ain't some toilet paper shortage. IMO it will only get tighter

Been doing really well on finding hunting ammo and occasionally grabbing some reloading supplies. Box here and there, lucky to have a few friends. Plenty of shotgun lead and steel to chase grouse and waterfowl for 5 more years.

MSHJR

FNG
lets hope prices come down to normal sometime in the future, and this isn't the new normal

CLB38

FNG
It’s a tough time to be new to reloading that’s for sure. Especially living in a state most companies won’t ship to. If I want load or even shoot, I have to ignore what the prices “should” be and instead have to buy if I can a) find it and b) afford it.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
I was in Bass Pro in Colorado Springs this morning and I overheard someone saying how he was gonna make some good profit buy flipping it online and while I was sitting in my truck I saw a guy put a bag full of ammo in his backseat, change his jacket, hat and mask and go back in for more, 10 minutes later he came out with another bagful of ammo.

21065508-23A6-4C41-8A05-748F3325E95F.jpeg

Ratbeetle

WKR
Yup. Hope he's eating ramen next year when he has to sell everything at a loss to cover his credit card payments.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was in Bass Pro in Colorado Springs this morning and I overheard someone saying how he was gonna make some good profit buy flipping it online and while I was sitting in my truck I saw a guy put a bag full of ammo in his backseat, change his jacket, hat and mask and go back in for more, 10 minutes later he came out with another bagful of ammo.
That just means that he had to wait in that long line again. IMO anyone that's willing to wait in lines.......can buy whatever the heck they want. It also means that anyone else in Co Springs had the opportunity to be in line in front of him before he went back for his second load of it.

Ratbeetle

WKR
That just means that he had to wait in that long line again. IMO anyone that's willing to wait in lines.......can buy whatever the heck they want. It also means that anyone else in Co Springs had the opportunity to be in line in front of him before he went back for his second load of it.

That's simply not true. Usually those ammo drops happen in the morning when a lot of guys are at work. Those box limits are put in place so people other than the ones with time to wait in line for the store to open can still find something on the shelf later in the day.

Changing clothes and going back in makes that guy a grade A a**hole.

Rich M

WKR
It all depends - was the guy just buying stuff for himself and his dad/cousin/uncle. Then I'd say not too bad. If he was doing it to sell, major jerk.

If it wasn't for greedy folks and hoarders there'd be plenty of stuff around for folks. And prices would be lower.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider

By that way of thinking then 1 person would have to the ability to walk in, buy all the 5.56 ammo and roll it on out, screw everyone else as long as I get mine. I’m glad I was raised to think of others rather than just myself, if more people did then this ammo drought wouldn’t be as bad as it is.

That's simply not true. Usually those ammo drops happen in the morning when a lot of guys are at work. Those box limits are put in place so people other than the ones with time to wait in line for the store to open can still find something on the shelf later in the day.

Changing clothes and going back in makes that guy a grade A a**hole.

Completely agree.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
It all depends - was the guy just buying stuff for himself and his dad/cousin/uncle. Then I'd say not too bad. If he was doing it to sell, major jerk.

If it wasn't for greedy folks and hoarders there'd be plenty of stuff around for folks. And prices would be lower.

No clue but IMO he’s still a douche for going in twice. I bought a box of SRP for a buddy, 1 box of 150 rds 556 that I split with a different friend and 100 rds of 40 for practice, I left the last box of 40 on the shelf as I heard the guy behind me say he was out and hoped there would be some left.

I was at a local store a few days ago. Notice two flats of 100 primers. I was alone and worker says "I will sell you both of them". Another customer walks up and I buy one leave one for him. No big deal but makes my world go round.

And they were only $4.99 per/100