Interesting 4/20 marketing by Simms

UncleBone

WKR
I have an Orvis H3D 9' 5wt. It's a great fishing pole. One of my favorites.
I had just bought a H3D blackout and mirage reel like 2 weeks before they posted that. fished it a few days and when that came out I took them both back to bass pro for store credit. bought a few guns instead.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
People are still mad that people use weed?
Yeah, I guess I'm mad/triggered. Weed sucks and weed culture sucks. If it's part of your river culture then your river culture sucks. I wish we could re-criminalize it to be honest. Don't forget that it's still illegal on federal lands and you can in fact be cited for it even in states where weed has been legalized.

It's also wild seeing people post online about weed who also post about hunting with firearms.

Q child

WKR
I had just bought a H3D blackout and mirage reel like 2 weeks before they posted that. fished it a few days and when that came out I took them both back to bass pro for store credit. bought a few guns instead.
50-50 on that. You're missing out on a great rod. Not a huge fan of the Mirage reels though. Or any Orvis reels for that matter.
Lucky for me, I don't give a flying f**k about a company's politics. It's awesome. Check it out sometime.

UncleBone

WKR
50-50 on that. You're missing out on a great rod. Not a huge fan of the Mirage reels though. Or any Orvis reels for that matter.
Lucky for me, I don't give a flying f**k about a company's politics. It's awesome. Check it out sometime.
It was nice for sure, but I just refuse to give money to a company that publicly says they support abortion. Not too many issues I take that firm of a stance on, but that is number 1.

Q child

WKR
Oh! Actually I have an Orvis 4wt click and pawl reel that is insanely good. I guess I do like some Orvis reels. It's an old one though.

Q child

WKR
It was nice for sure, but I just refuse to give money to a company that publicly says they support abortion. Not too many issues I take that firm of a stance on, but that is number 1.
It is kind of weird. Like, why did they make a post about that?
Did they also make a post when they started offering dental insurance? Or, when they change the paid-time-off policy? They could have offered whatever services they wanted to their employees then said nothing to the public.

UncleBone

WKR
It is kind of weird. Like, why did they make a post about that?
Did they also make a post when they started offering dental insurance? Or, when they change the paid-time-off policy? They could have offered whatever services they wanted to their employees then said nothing to the public.
Yeah it definitely is. Any thing to virtue signal to their 50 year old female customers. Plus paying for an abortion is way cheaper than maternity leave.

Yeah, I guess I'm mad/triggered. Weed sucks and weed culture sucks. If it's part of your river culture then your river culture sucks. I wish we could re-criminalize it to be honest. Don't forget that it's still illegal on federal lands and you can in fact be cited for it even in states where weed has been legalized.

It's also wild seeing people post online about weed who also post about hunting with firearms.
I don't even use weed. I can't be cited for anything. Hasn't stopped cops from trying because I live in a state where it's legal.

But I know lots of people who do, and it doesn't hurt me.

I’m not going to read back, but I remember maybe one person in the whole thread say they use. You don’t have to use to see the big picture.

You do bring up a good point though. I have a good friend who lost a limb overseas. He’s been fed every mind altering and pain relieving drug the VA could pump him full of. He had to face all the addictions and mind games that come with that. He was able to put all that crap behind him; and his replacement was MJ edibles. He was able to figure out the exact strain and dose that balances his pain, anxiety, and PTSD. Great man and great Dad/Husband. He lived in a non-legal state. So he was faced with the choice of shopping a state over and risking the legal consequences or getting a medical card and basically not being able to own a suppressor and get flagged every time he tried to buy a firearm in the country he fought for. Won’t say which he choose.

22 veterans a day. Most are on some garbage drug fed to them by Drs or alcohol which gets the pass for some reason. Meanwhile we have real data of various plants actually helping these people. Maybe it’s time to stop being so shortsighted in these discussions.

wesfromky

WKR
Federal judge, in I believe Oklahoma ruled that is unconstitutional recently.
There is a lower court ruling, but it is on pause at the appellate level until the supreme court hears another case where a guy with a DV restraining order was charged with possession of a weapon. Guess they are waiting to see what, if any, limits the SC places on denying 2nd amendment rights based on behavior.

UncleBone

WKR
There is a lower court ruling, but it is on pause at the appellate level until the supreme court hears another case where a guy with a DV restraining order was charged with possession of a weapon. Guess they are waiting to see what, if any, limits the SC places on denying 2nd amendment rights based on behavior.
It looks like a federal judge in oklahoma, one in texas, and louisiana all came to the same conclusion that it is unconstitutional. Lets just hope the SC find that to be the case.

2531usmc

WKR
I think it is just amazing how far apart the states are on this. I live in KY and the large employer I work for has random drug testing. In KY sites testing positive for THC will cause mandatory rehab at best, termination at worst. People I know in the same roles for the same company in California smoke weed without consequence or fear of drug testing.

The Simms ad likely garnered different reactions depending upon the residence of the audience. This thread has been educational for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be the difference between KY and Ca is the corporate cost of liability insurance

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I only have one orvis rod, I keep it strung up by the door so I can go outside and practice my double hauls with it. It’s at least 25 years old now. I’d get so much shit from my friends if they ever saw me fishing an orvis.