Iowa rut

morten

FNG
My son and I should draw Southern Iowa in 2024. Never hunted this region as we are from northern Michigan. We will be bow hunting and want to time it right being that it takes several years to draw. What are the best weeks to bow hunt in November?

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Same as in Michigan (Halloween to opening day), I'm a Michigan guy too, Iowa is a good time

Has it been a weird year for anyone else in the Midwest? I feel like the movement was horrible this year. I still filled my tags, but man was it slow at times. I like to watch Bill Winke, and him (along with many of the people in his comments) seem to have had similar experiences this year.

I'm in NW Illinois, and curious how it has been going for others this year as far as movement goes.

Has it been a weird year for anyone else in the Midwest? I feel like the movement was horrible this year. I still filled my tags, but man was it slow at times. I like to watch Bill Winke, and him (along with many of the people in his comments) seem to have had similar experiences this year.

I'm in NW Illinois, and curious how it has been going for others this year as far as movement goes.
My November has been exactly as you described. Very slow on the movement department. Heck even my cameras have been slow. Refinery a weird year for sure.

mi650

WKR

IDK if I'd call it weird, more like back to the way it used to be.

Early archery season has always been pretty good for me, but once gun season started, they'd just vanish. The last few years, I've had better luck with a gun. This year, they're back to their old ways. Gun season started on the 15th, and I've seen 3 deer since then. All bald. Everything on my cameras has been nocturnal. I haven't even heard much shooting, only one with a 1/2 mile or so.

I gave the woods a few days break, haven't been out since Monday. Going out this afternoon, coldest day yet this year so maybe they'll be moving in the daylight.