Iron Will insert with Slick Trick? Insert depth?

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
Appreciate all the advice.....do you guys try to align these inserts with broadhead? ie so the broadhead blade is all clocked the same?

Trial153

WKR
Appreciate all the advice.....do you guys try to align these inserts with broadhead? ie so the broadhead blade is all clocked the same?

No, waist of time unless you have a specific head/clearance issue with a bow.

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
No, waist of time unless you have a specific head/clearance issue with a bow.
I don't think I will mess with that.....while we are on the topic of RIP TKO are guys using the victory stock nocks or prefer a different nock?

Trial153

WKR
The victory nocks are essentially AAE. They are fine. So are AAE IP nocks and Easton X nocks. Use whichever gives you a good string fit vs reserving

If I remember correctly, all you need with threads is 1.5 times the diameter. So getting more thread engagement isn't going to make it stronger.

I think everything has been covered, square the end of the shaft, that's what the point needs to sit against, not your insert.

Victory generally uses AAE nocks, they aren't bad, but I prefer Beiter. They make a .204 nock.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I don't think I will mess with that.....while we are on the topic of RIP TKO are guys using the victory stock nocks or prefer a different nock?
I have only been using Bohning A nocks in 5mm shafts for the past 2 years. I really like the way they fit and snap on the serving securely yet release perfectly. They are lighter and a little lower profile too.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have used 5mm shafts (East axis and Black Eagle Rampage) with HIT's and slick tricks. I used the tool easton sent with the inserts and it was fine. There has been no issues with the broadheads. My dad has used them as well. So I am assuming that IW has made them the same size, it should be fine. As people have mentioned, as long as the insert is deep enough yet provides a thread to catch it squares to the arrow.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
HIT inserts get pushed .458 inches into the arrow. This allows for variation in the shank and thread length of various field points and broadheads per the industry specification. It is normal to have a small gap between the HIT insert and the shank of the broadhead and this is actually needed to make sure all broadhead seats against the end of the arrow or impact collar.

MattB

WKR
HIT inserts get pushed .458 inches into the arrow. This allows for variation in the shank and thread length of various field points and broadheads per the industry specification. It is normal to have a small gap between the HIT insert and the shank of the broadhead and this is actually needed to make sure all broadhead seats against the end of the arrow or impact collar.
Is there any benefit in terms of strength to have the point fully threaded into the HIT insert versus there being a small gap?

Is there any benefit in terms of strength to have the point fully threaded into the HIT insert versus there being a small gap?
Generally 1.5 threads of engagement is going to yield max strength

If you're super concern, just glue the insert and broadhead in as a single unit with hotmelt