Insert strength/compatibilty

LostArra

WKR
Except for my traditional arrows I've always used whatever insert came with the arrow shaft.
This season I decided to try some skinnier shafts for the compound, GT Kinetic, .204. I used the provided insert/halfout and the arrows were flying great at targets but the strength for hunting was disappointing.
I shot a cow elk and the insert broke at the end of the shaft when the broadhead hit the opposite shoulder blade. The intact shaft fell out of the entry wound about 15:yards into her 30 yd death run.

Without going nuts on cost, would the Easton HIT insert be a stronger choice or the GT Accu Tough? I would prefer to not add a lot of weight since I like my current setup. Thanks

IMO using any variation of HIT will produce a stronger arrow less prone to bending/breaking than any half-out simply by virtue of keeping the broadhead closer to the arrow shaft. Easton .204"/5mm HIT's are reasonably priced and offered in 3 weights (16 gr aluminum or 50/75 gr brass). IMO there's little to no benefit to spending 2-3 times as much on stainless steel HIT's.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
IMO using any variation of HIT will produce a stronger arrow less prone to bending/breaking than any half-out simply by virtue of keeping the broadhead closer to the arrow shaft. Easton .204"/5mm HIT's are reasonably priced and offered in 3 weights (16 gr aluminum or 50/75 gr brass). IMO there's little to no benefit to spending 2-3 times as much on stainless steel HIT's.
Thanks!

That halfout - broadhead position looked like a weak link.

Tilzbow

WKR
I added an aluminum sleeve over the top of the half outsert and the arrow shaft to strengthen the front end of the arrow. I used a 2013 aluminum arrow, cut a 1.5” to 2” section, chamfered the back so it’ll pull out of a bag target then glued it on using 24 hour epoxy.

IMG_2809.jpeg
IMG_2810.jpeg

big44a4

WKR
Hit with a TI collar is the best I’ve seen and used. There are a few people who make the collars. Could even go with a stainless collar as well.