Iron Will question or thought's

I have v125 for 4 years now they shoot awesome. This winter I found a good deal in the classifieds on S125. Today I finally found time to shoot them, to my surprise the solids shot 5 inches to the left and 3 inches low at 20 yards. What does this mean? Is there that much difference between the vented and solids? Anybody else experience this?

HuntWyld

WKR
Shoot your vented ones again and compare, or shoot through paper. I would bet that likely something has changed with the tune of your bow.

OP
Fridaythe13th
It is a 10 year old bow. Both are 125 g broadheads. I switched arrow to see if shoot better, same results.

I would check how they spin. Sometimes when they get out back together they can be slightly out or alignment

HuntWyld

WKR
Shoot through paper and see if you have a bullet. If your bow is tuned correctly vented vs solid shouldn’t have a different POI.

Wrench

WKR
I've mixed them in my quiver with no poi shift noticeable between them.

Have you double checked weights?

ncavi8tor

WKR
Shoot a bareshaft at 20 yards next to a fletched shaft. I bet the bareshaft does the same thing as your broadheads!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
Had the same happen yesterday. Have shot 100s, they have been spot on. Shot a 100v yesterday, it would impact 5” to the left at 40.

Switched arrows and the vented heads continue to shoot left. Same results w several diff arrows and two of the 100v heads. Arrows and heads all spun true.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Today I finally found time to shoot them, to my surprise the solids shot 5 inches to the left and 3 inches low at 20 yards.
5" left and 3" low is a ridiculous amount to be off at only 20 yards with a BH. I have NEVER seen any BH's shoot that far off at 20.......60, yes.......but not 20.......even out of untuned bows. Somethings wrong. Did you shoot your vented heads as well? Or as said "a bare shaft" too?

The solids aren't as forgiving as the vented. In my experience or opinion, tuning has levels. Like a reasonable tune and mechanicals will fly with fieldpoints, takes more fine tuning to get vented fixed heads flying, then get into the realm of larger solid fixed heads and you really need to have everything dialed in.

I'd check your tune, once you have the s125's flying well, you will have v125's impacting the same. The vented wides seem to be similar to the solids, maybe a little less forgiving.

Swept versus full Exodus is similar. The swept is more forgiving, the full is a little more critical.

OP
Fridaythe13th
5" left and 3" low is a ridiculous amount to be off at only 20 yards with a BH. I have NEVER seen any BH's shoot that far off at 20.......60, yes.......but not 20.......even out of untuned bows. Somethings wrong. Did you shoot your vented heads as well? Or as said "a bare shaft" too?
Yep shoot both at the same target. Then shoot 3 field tips only the solids were off.

Bachto

WKR
This may sound basic but have you knock tuned the S125's? I agree that at only 20 yards that's a large difference. Though I also have found the solids are more finicky and make take more tweaking. Mine seamed more sensitive to knock tuning than other broadheads I've had in the past. I also shoot a 4 fletched arrow with them for what it's worth.