Is Sitka downpour rain gear suitable for an Alaskan Hunt?

Kyle Avey

WKR
Have a tripped planned to hunt in the Brooks range. The hunt will be in mid August. Is the Sitka downpour rain gear tough enough for that country and does it work in heavy showers? Thanks

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't recommend it for a backpack hunt. It has a brushed face and holds water making it wet out and doesn't dry out very fast. It was made to be quiet for treestand hunting.

I have both the Downpour and the Dewpoint. Would recommend the Dewpoint for a backpack hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I wouldn't recommend it for a backpack hunt. It has a brushed face and holds water making it wet out and doesn't dry out very fast. It was made to be quiet for treestand hunting.

I have both the Downpour and the Dewpoint. Would recommend the Dewpoint for a backpack hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yep...X2...

Terrapin

WKR
Plus, the brushed face doesn’t bead and shed water, so they run cold when it’s wet through evaporative cooling. My hunting buddies Kuiu rain gear is noisier, but water beads up and rolls off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Rat

FNG
What about breathability while moving, mostly without a pack? I will be hunting in similar conditions to low elevation Alaska but will always have the opportunity to dry. Would mainly be using as a shell against wind and snow with some rain use. Primary concern is the lack of pit zips vs the Cloudburst (noisy though).

OP
Kyle Avey

Kyle Avey

WKR
I get pretty steamy in my downpour stuff here in AR. Bought the stormfront gear. It’s loud but is the bomb so far!