ISE Denver 2024, thinking of going

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I have never been to the ISE show in Denver, or anywhere, so I am hoping to go if I'm not of town then. I'm not interested in guided hunts/outfitters but would like to see the different brands of gear that I keep hearing about on Rokslide. In the past, has there been a good showing of hunting gear vendors? I would love to be able to try different sizes of gear and clothing. Especially interested in a better tent for later season hunts. Thanks for any input. If I go, I'll do a report on anything new or interesting I find.

sndmn11

WKR
It is absolute trash. Of top notch gear, I think it's Davis Tent and that's probably it. Maven and Tract usually, but who knows. They moved it to a different hall and I think it is maybe 1/3rd of what it was in 2019.

@Back Country Hunter 2 probably has access to the exhibitor list, if it's not on the ISE site.

Going to WHCE is well worth the trip in comparison.

svivian

WKR
It is absolute trash. Of top notch gear, I think it's Davis Tent and that's probably it. Maven and Tract usually, but who knows. They moved it to a different hall and I think it is maybe 1/3rd of what it was in 2019.

@Back Country Hunter 2 probably has access to the exhibitor list, if it's not on the ISE site.

Going to WHCE is well worth the trip in comparison.
I was just going to say for that kind of drive i would just go to the Western hunt expo. It has its own quirks but is by far the place to see the most brands and get to talk to people who know about the gear they are selling.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep ISE is trash these days, I remember getting so excited to go as a kid, they used to have a massive taxidermy competition, lots more booths and demos, now it is 85% outfitters, dudes selling artwork/ t shirts or old sheds…

OP
COJoe

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
That's a bummer to hear. I'm off work for surgery recovery until Feb.15th so the WHCE isn't going to work either as that is the day they open. ISE hasn't listed anything on their website yet either, concerning what vendors will be there. They should already know that I would think. Thanks for the input.

CorbLand

WKR
That's a bummer to hear. I'm off work for surgery recovery until Feb.15th so the WHCE isn't going to work either as that is the day they open. ISE hasn't listed anything on their website yet either, concerning what vendors will be there. They should already know that I would think. Thanks for the input.
Sounds like that recovery needs to take an extra day or two. Just saying.

OP
COJoe

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
So, go into work a day early, fill out a PTO request and be off for the weekend after being off for twelve weeks? That would be priceless. Would love to but can't push my luck too much... Rokslide will be my go to.

I don't have access to the visitor list, but @sndmn11 is right, it isn't a very good show anymore.

Most people are excited for the new Mile High Hunt and Fish Expo in April. It is at the Gaylord and will have multiple reputable brands there. I'll be attending both shows while working the Davis Tent booth.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't have access to the visitor list, but @sndmn11 is right, it isn't a very good show anymore.

Most people are excited for the new Mile High Hunt and Fish Expo in April. It is at the Gaylord and will have multiple reputable brands there. I'll be attending both shows while working the Davis Tent booth.
I forgot about that one. Here is the link for anyone interested https://milehighhuntexpo.com/

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Echoing everyone about ISE, felt like an ATV and trailer show than a sportsman's expo. Mile High Hunt Expo looks good. Gaylord does a great job of having those additional rooms off the expo for seminars and films better than trying to hear the presenter over everyone walking around on the show floor

gbflyer

WKR
ISE became a family outing to Walmart nearly 20 years ago. Plenty of very expensive beef jerky.