isn't the Final Rise vest a knockoff of the Wingworks Vest?

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Don't own one, but I did have a wingworks for a bit. I would think the final rise is lighter weight than the wingworks.

id_jon

WKR
I've had both, there's probably some inspiration drawn from the WW for the final rise, but to call it a knock off could not be further from the truth. At a certain point, you can only make a vest, or backpack or whatever in so many configurations, the ones that work best are probably going to all have some similar features.

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I agree there are only so many variations. However it deffinately is not a knock off. The final rise has a belt/lumbar pad, and there are other small features that make it different and I would say better than wing works.

95-98 Land Cruiser,

I've had both, there's probably some inspiration drawn from the WW for the final rise, but to call it a knock off could not be further from the truth. At a certain point, you can only make a vest, or backpack or whatever in so many configurations, the ones that work best are probably going to all have some similar features.

Exactly. I believe the WW uses a higher cordura fabric. I’ve tried multiple times over the last two years to order one. It’s been such a hassle and an inconvenience, that I stopped trying.

Matt at Final Rise has produced an exceptional vest that’s made in the US and actually available for consumer purchase. I ordered one myself and customer service was top notch. The Summit XT will last you a lifetime.

Last edited:

Macintosh

WKR
Sure, almost every strap vest available today is a knockoff of the ww vest to a large degree. Ww almost invented the modern strap vest for the most part. The rest reinterpreted or refined elements of it. Thats ok. Otherwise none of us would have tikkas or remingtons or defiance or Bat’s, we’d all be shooting mausers or krag’s.
And, statement above is spot on—the biggest problem with a ww vest is it is rarely available to buy.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I bit the bullet and bought a final rise summit XT this fall. I’ve used it from the WI Grouse woods to 11,000 feet in the Zirkel Wilderness in CO. I love mine and would definitely recommend it.