Issues with Cimarron Half Liner

irf1983

FNG
Anyone tried out the half liner with a SO Cimarron? After talking with the guys at SO I decided to get a Cimarron for my first teepee style tent. I love the tent so far, but in my discussions with them nobody mentioned the different design for the liner. I was expecting the integrated tie in points and inner loops on the tent. Instead you use the cone at the top and tie in at the exterior stake loops.

My issue is that without the interior tie points, no matter how tight i try to get the liner it is always billowing in and taking up space. Especially since there is no way to attach it on the inside at the upper tie points where you guy out the tent for more space. The liner completely eliminates any gains made by tying the sides out. Also by tying in at the main stake loops at the bottom rather than on the inside, it interferes with the sod skirt and lifts it off the ground.

This is my first time with this style tent. Am I missing something? I called SO to confirm that I was installing it correctly and I'm definitely doing it how they say to.

Seems like the method they had with the other tents worked pretty well, not sure why they changed it with the Cimarron. I wish they had mentioned that when I was asking about different models because so far this liner just seems very poorly designed.

Maybe I'm totally getting this wrong. Any help or tips would be great. Thanks!

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone tried out the half liner with a SO Cimarron? After talking with the guys at SO I decided to get a Cimarron for my first teepee style tent. I love the tent so far, but in my discussions with them nobody mentioned the different design for the liner. I was expecting the integrated tie in points and inner loops on the tent. Instead you use the cone at the top and tie in at the exterior stake loops.

My issue is that without the interior tie points, no matter how tight i try to get the liner it is always billowing in and taking up space. Especially since there is no way to attach it on the inside at the upper tie points where you guy out the tent for more space. The liner completely eliminates any gains made by tying the sides out. Also by tying in at the main stake loops at the bottom rather than on the inside, it interferes with the sod skirt and lifts it off the ground.

This is my first time with this style tent. Am I missing something? I called SO to confirm that I was installing it correctly and I'm definitely doing it how they say to.

Seems like the method they had with the other tents worked pretty well, not sure why they changed it with the Cimarron. I wish they had mentioned that when I was asking about different models because so far this liner just seems very poorly designed.

Maybe I'm totally getting this wrong. Any help or tips would be great. Thanks!

Please send us some photos to our support email. The tension at the top of the cone should be able to be adjusted via the line locs. The sample I had fit pretty tight so I know it can work. Why not use loops ? Well we have sold several thousand Cimarron tents that did not have loops and the liner needed to work for those. FWIW , our early liners worked the same way.

Thanks
Kevin

OP
I

irf1983

FNG
Please send us some photos to our support email. The tension at the top of the cone should be able to be adjusted via the line locs. The sample I had fit pretty tight so I know it can work. Why not use loops ? Well we have sold several thousand Cimarron tents that did not have loops and the liner needed to work for those. FWIW , our early liners worked the same way.

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I've got some pictures and I'll send them out in the morning. Not trying to rag on SO, I'm very pleased with the tent and can't wait to try it out. I have played with tension at both ends of the liner. It seems like no matter what you're going to lose the space gained by pulling the side of the tent out. But like I said, this is my first teepee style tent and maybe I'm getting it totally wrong.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I have found shock cord to be helpful at the bottom of my 1/2 nest in my Cimarron. I don't have experience with the liner in mine just yet but I would suggest trying some shock cord for the bottom tie outs as well as for the center tie-out. The nest has an attachment point for this center tie-out. If the liner doesn't, it is pretty simple to sew one on. If you want to try it first, simply put a stone or small marble on the inside of the liner and a slip not on the outside over the marble. This will give you a tie-out point anywhere you want.

@irf1983 I don't see where you ever sent pictures of the issue you were having with the liner. I am having a similar issue.

@Kevin_t Do you guys have an instructional video for the new liner design using the cone? I have not been able to find one on your website. With the new design am I doing it right to just tie off at the bottom on the outside stake loops? Specifically I have the Cimarron lite with eh line lock system at the bottom.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@irf1983 I don't see where you ever sent pictures of the issue you were having with the liner. I am having a similar issue.

@Kevin_t Do you guys have an instructional video for the new liner design using the cone? I have not been able to find one on your website. With the new design am I doing it right to just tie off at the bottom on the outside stake loops? Specifically I have the Cimarron lite with eh line lock system at the bottom.
You have two options, tie to the stake out at the bottom, or tie on the cordage that goes to the stake loop. If it is staying attached I use the 2nd option. Here is how to do the second option

1. With line locs, you have the stake loop already tied.

2. Take the cordage from the liner and tie a small slip know that buts up to the knot of the stake loop.

Do that on all loops and it essentially connected.

I will check on video.

Thanks
Kevin

Davis4507

FNG
I had the same problem. I had it too tight to the top. Loosen the top ties at the cone and tighten them at the bottom. That sucked it tighter to the tent fabric. BIG difference.

CO-AJ

WKR
This is one of the first complaints I have seen on Rokslide about a SO product. I am currently waiting for delivery of my SO but I did not order the liner, I went with a nest instead. In addition I went with the LBO nest rather than the 1/2 Cim nest to create even more room around the stove. Im told it will ship either this week or next and I am beyond excited to get it and set it up. Even if you have an issue with the SO liner so far I have seen nothing but great service from SO. I have bugged them both via email and phone on shipping status as it has been 9 weeks since I ordered for the DCF version. So far they have been absolutely fantastic in answering my questions.

Thanks @Kevin_t and i appreciate you posting the video

@CO-AJ I agree with you I've had nothing but great service. I had another part that was shipped damaged and the SO team sent me a new one in no time. I wouldn't have called my issue a compliant more of an issue of inexperience with initial set up.