It’s about Christmas.... upgrade riser or limbs??

OP
bjfoxhoven
Pay attention to CD archery on December 24th. They’re releasing a new ILF riser and it is just incredible. I got really lucky and was at the archery shop when Calvin Smock showed up and he let me shoot his new design. I took 3 shots at 20 yards, two were in the 9 ring and one in the 8 ring. I’m NOT a very good shot. I handed it back to Calvin, soaked in drool. I never realized a bow could shoot or feel so good.
Is it the 21” that is similar to the WF19? Or did I miss something? Those risers are very intriguing, I’m sure they hold real steady with the weight.

Beendare

WKR
Pay attention to CD archery on December 24th. They’re releasing a new ILF riser and it is just incredible.
No surprise there....when you go from LB to Recurve to Aluminum forged riser recurve the added mass in the riser is an improvement at every step.

Going from my19" Dryad wood riser to my Tradtech Aluminum, I shoot a little bit better.

It becomes what do you want to haul around in the woods? Those CD risers are 3 1/2# +....if it helps you shoot that much better, it might be worth it.

PennDude

FNG
Yeah, the 21" riser is what I was referring to. It holds like it is in a vise and is absolutely dead in the hand after the release.

OP
bjfoxhoven
Yeah, the 21" riser is what I was referring to. It holds like it is in a vise and is absolutely dead in the hand after the release.
With the weight and it’s distribution I can imagine it is. Would love to shoot one some time to see what a riser like that feels like.