Jax Outdoors wont accept AR-15 FFL transfers!

Titan_Bow

WKR
OK, just venting a little. I recently ordered an Aero Precision upper/lower receiver set, and plugged in my local Jax as the FFL. I've purchased a couple guns online, and a previous AR-15 build a couple years ago, and used the local Jax as FFL with no issues.
I just got a call from them today as my upper/lower should have been delivered. The guy said "unfortunately, we no longer are allowed to deal with AR's and we have to send it back to Aero". Wow. Everyone talking about the democrats taking our guns, but it seems to me its going to be this type of corporate activism thats quickly and ACTUALLY taking away our rights....

Last edited:
OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
caveat, I do think there is a targeted and strategic push by the Democratic party to limit or eliminate the 2nd amendment. That said, it seems this type of stuff outside of legislation, is where we are losing our rights the fastest. Whether its credit card companies not allowing purchases, stores no longer selling certain products, etc. they are finding non-legislative ways to erode the 2nd amendment in a hurry....

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious what location it was? Did he specify if it was a company policy or because of the city/county laws (not that is an excuse).

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Curious what location it was? Did he specify if it was a company policy or because of the city/county laws (not that is an excuse).
It was the Broomfield location, but he said it was a company policy now.. I shipped a lower to the Lafayette location a couple years ago and never even thought it would be an issue.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was the Broomfield location, but he said it was a company policy now.. I shipped a lower to the Lafayette location a couple years ago and never even thought it would be an issue.
I was expecting you to say the Lafayette location seeing how that’s in Boulder County. Remember this is also a company who caved really fast and pulled all their merchandise that supported law-enforcement.

Ucsdryder

WKR
What’s a place like jax worried about? Are they under a corporate umbrella with other stores? Jax customers definitely don’t make up a demographic that’s anti ar15.

MHB

FNG
This was a decision made by the owner several years ago (I believe after the Aurora theater thing). This is the main reason I try to give my hard-earned money to other local shops that do not have such policies in place. I have also heard that Sportsman's warehouse (at least the one in Thornton) will not accept privet FFL transfers anymore.

There is a shop at 68th and Wadsworth that will do them.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
oh well, lesson learned lol. I didnt even really think about it since I had transfered stuff, particularly AR-15 components to them in the past. Good thing I am not in any sort of hurry here

CorbLand

WKR
This was a decision made by the owner several years ago (I believe after the Aurora theater thing). This is the main reason I try to give my hard-earned money to other local shops that do not have such policies in place. I have also heard that Sportsman's warehouse (at least the one in Thornton) will not accept privet FFL transfers anymore.

Most SW dont do transfers. They are kind of a pain.

People would have things shipped in and not come pick them up for 6-8 months. You have a gun in the backroom for that long, have to keep track of it, log it, everything and get 40 bucks out of the deal. Then you would have people come in and not have the proper documents, come in to late, etc. Then they throw a fit because "its their gun and they have already paid for it." Its really not worth the hassle.

To OP. I have said for years that everyone is so worried about the government is coming for them but forget that the private sector can/does the governments bidding. Vaccine mandates were a perfect example. In the end though, it is the right of JAX to not do transfers of any kind. Vote with your dollar.

3forks

WKR

This is what I recall too, but Jax didn’t pull their ARs off the shelf or even destroy them.

The decision to stop selling ARs was made with the caveat that Jax wouldn’t sell anymore ARs once their current inventory of them was sold.

Jax essentially felt that in the interest of public safety - they’d stop selling ARs - but didn’t want to take a loss on what they already had on shelf.

def90

WKR
OK, just venting a little. I recently ordered an Aero Precision upper/lower receiver set, and plugged in my local Jax as the FFL. I've purchased a couple guns online, and a previous AR-15 build a couple years ago, and used the local Jax as FFL with no issues.
I just got a call from them today as my upper/lower should have been delivered. The guy said "unfortunately, we no longer are allowed to deal with AR's and we have to send it back to Aero". Wow. Everyone talking about the democrats taking our guns, but it seems to me its going to be this type of corporate activism thats quickly and ACTUALLY taking away our rights....

JAX quit dealing with msr's after Sandy Hook I believe. Haven't been in the store since.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Disappointing, brought my first shotgun at the Jax in Fort Collins and always went there for live bait. Between that and Bass Pro turning Cabelas into a shell of what it once was, guess Scheels and Sportsmans is the only places to go on the front range.

Most SW dont do transfers. They are kind of a pain.

People would have things shipped in and not come pick them up for 6-8 months. You have a gun in the backroom for that long, have to keep track of it, log it, everything and get 40 bucks out of the deal. Then you would have people come in and not have the proper documents, come in to late, etc. Then they throw a fit because "its their gun and they have already paid for it." Its really not worth the hassle.
I was talking to a friend with a FFL about this last night.

That was pretty much what he said, transfers are a huge pain and don't make much money.

dtrkyman

WKR
Whe I worked a shop we did hundreds of transfer, easy money and rarely an issue, been a while maybe things are different?

Never heard of Jax but will hopefully remember to avoid them if I ever see one!

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
thanks for the heads up on that. I go to the broomfield Jax location quite a bit. Will need to cut that way back now. Who are you guys using for transfers near broomfield? I wish Ross would relocate Gunsport out of Boulder.

Another crap ffl. I'm shocked.

If only people had the choice to support business that make good decisions and punish those who made bad ones...

gabenzeke

WKR
Our local Jax quit dealing in ARs years ago. Always assumed it was a company thing and never shopped there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear will happily take it if you feel like throwing your ~$35 their way.

Aren’t they an archery shop?

The problem with a lot of shops around the Denver area is that they are just small gun shops with little inventory. Sure transfers for them are a pain in the ass.. I guess they don’t want the money. If they were smart they would use transfers as a loss leader and stock up on accessories and other parts. Get them in the door for the transfer, sell them something on their way out.