Jetboil stash feedback?

I’m interested as well. I bought one but haven’t used it yet. I did toss out the little bag the stove comes in and replaced it with a small ziplock (to prevent scratching the pot anodization). I also trimmed the support legs to just bigger than a 230 gram canister is in diameter. Add my Toaks long titanium spoon and the whole kit weighs exactly 16 ounces with a new mini Bic and a new 100 gram fuel canister. Not bad for what should get me by for a week. We’ll see if that holds true when I test it out during a spring Turkey/backpacking trip.

Search for some of the DIY lightweight stove/pot threads. Save some weight, save some $$$ 😉

BRS stove, Primus Sterno Inferno pot, custom lid and a Sea to Summit cup, 7.3oz.

Attachments

• 5CC4E310-8A8B-4DF7-A8F5-1788D6E20240.jpeg
    5CC4E310-8A8B-4DF7-A8F5-1788D6E20240.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I used one a little this season and liked it. I wouldn’t want it for my only stove, but for lightweight fair weather trips, it fits the bill.

Search for some of the DIY lightweight stove/pot threads. Save some weight, save some $$$ 😉

BRS stove, Primus pot, custom lid and a Sea to Summit cup, 7.3oz.
Also, I do have a “DIY” setup that weighs less. Toaks 750 ml pot/lid. MSR Pocket Rocket 2. I used it this last rifle season but it seemed to take forever to boil. The Jetboil SOL I have boils fast but is a little heavy. The Stash with some mods seemed like it could be a happy medium between fuel efficiency and weight.

Also, I do have a “DIY” setup that weighs less. Toaks 750 ml pot/lid. MSR Pocket Rocket 2. I used it this last rifle season but it seemed to take forever to boil. The Jetboil SOL I have boils fast but is a little heavy. The Stash with some mods seemed like it could be a happy medium between fuel efficiency and weight.
The Primus pot is a heat exchange pot like the Jetboil's, performance is directly comparable and cheaper.

Cheaper is good but not my primary motivator. What’s the weight with a full mini Bic, full 100 gram fuel, spoon and canister stabilizer (no mini Bic if your stove is piezo ignited). I don’t carry an extra cup.

I didn’t read anything here except the title. I’m still mad at JetBoil about the stash. I have a Minimo and love it. It’s kind of bulky and heavy but it is the best all around cook system I’ve ever owned. I’ve used the piss out of it. Not doing much of any research at all I grabbed a stash from Cabelas. It’s expensive. Like stupid expensive for what you get. I have a cheap titanium Amazon stove BRS or something like that cost $17 and a 750ml toaks titanium pot that cost like $30. It’s actually better than the stash. It’s smaller, packs better, weighs less, nest really well with a small bic, towel, and a small fuel canister, I’m sorry the stash is a joke. I’m so glad I was finally able to get that off my chest. Been holding that one in for awhile. Again the JetBoil Minimo is in its own class for being an all around cook system. I gave the stash to my son. He loves it so who knows.

I didn’t read anything here except the title. I’m still mad at JetBoil about the stash. I have a Minimo and love it. It’s kind of bulky and heavy but it is the best all around cook system I’ve ever owned. I’ve used the piss out of it. Not doing much of any research at all I grabbed a stash from Cabelas. It’s expensive. Like stupid expensive for what you get. I have a cheap titanium Amazon stove BRS or something like that cost $17 and a 750ml toaks titanium pot that cost like $30. It’s actually better than the stash. It’s smaller, packs better, weighs less, nest really well with a small bic, towel, and a small fuel canister, I’m sorry the stash is a joke. I’m so glad I was finally able to get that off my chest. Been holding that one in for awhile. Again the JetBoil Minimo is in its own class for being an all around cook system. I gave the stash to my son. He loves it so who knows.
Haha thank you for the feed back! I was also thinking about putting together my own setup to compete with the stash as well.

Pics attached. There are a lot of different options but this one is extremely light weight and the little stove really does work.
I use the little towel to stop it from rattling. It will make noise while hiking without the towel. You also can’t beat the price. The fuel can stabilizer also goes a long way. Works the same in wind as the stash.
The only issue I’ve ever ran into with the stove is it has a little black rubber O ring inside. I did have it break once. I just grabbed a small pack from the hardware and keep them in it. I haven’t had one break sense. The important part is you want everything to nest together into a small package.
BRS 3000T titanium stove - Amazon $16.95
Toaks 750ml titanium pot - Amazon $34.95
Jet boil fuel can stabilizer - REI $6.95
Amazon will probably have an identical unbranded titanium pot and support and make it even a couple bucks cheaper.

Attachments

• 6655DD3D-8F69-4531-B400-7B2A723AD547.jpeg
    6655DD3D-8F69-4531-B400-7B2A723AD547.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 39
  • EE9E52FF-BB0C-44FD-B1C7-3A03E804DC2A.jpeg
    EE9E52FF-BB0C-44FD-B1C7-3A03E804DC2A.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1D789F6E-B59E-4B1D-B70D-ABE0C5AF820A.jpeg
    1D789F6E-B59E-4B1D-B70D-ABE0C5AF820A.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 26FA1484-1A8B-406F-AF79-3299C98EF547.jpeg
    26FA1484-1A8B-406F-AF79-3299C98EF547.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1B8223E6-8D75-4A48-986A-6CA2ECBD9FFF.jpeg
    1B8223E6-8D75-4A48-986A-6CA2ECBD9FFF.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 76C383FC-1D13-46CD-BBE3-70B911C1B23D.jpeg
    76C383FC-1D13-46CD-BBE3-70B911C1B23D.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 39
If you are ever looking for something with good heat control and meant to do a little bit more serious cooking I recommend the JetBoil Minimo. It comes with a pot support. The canister nest inside the minimo side ways with the burner. Then I got the MSR quick skillet and MSR alpine spatula and use the little Nalgene bottles for some oil and seasoning. Not to heavy and packs well. I’ve tried a lot of different options and this is what I’ve found to work the best for me. Oh and I use a long handled titanium spork. I should probably wash all this crap lol.

Attachments

• C7F9FF64-CCA1-4EEF-8D24-73329D2D5B21.jpeg
    C7F9FF64-CCA1-4EEF-8D24-73329D2D5B21.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 24
What model pot is that? Can’t seam to locate.
I mistakenly called it a Primus, it's actually a Sterno Inferno pot and they seem to be sold out everywhere. I corrected the info in my posts above.

If you are ever looking for something with good heat control and meant to do a little bit more serious cooking I recommend the JetBoil Minimo. It comes with a pot support. The canister nest inside the minimo side ways with the burner. Then I got the MSR quick skillet and MSR alpine spatula and use the little Nalgene bottles for some oil and seasoning. Not to heavy and packs well. I’ve tried a lot of different options and this is what I’ve found to work the best for me. Oh and I use a long handled titanium spork. I should probably wash all this crap lol.
I got the minimo and like it, just looking to shave a little weight during the early season archery hunts.

Back