Joe Rogan and Pot

wyosam

WKR
A hospital nurse isn’t going to mention cannabinoid hyperemesis? They must keep you insulated in icu because it’s pretty awesome in the er. Must be a local thing here. Very common since legalization and it’s the same patients over and over again. No insurance no problem it’s all part of the economy now so who cares.

Sure, it’s a thing- and those patients are a complete pain in the ass usually. But they pale in comparison to drunks. I also think it is named wrong- they hardly ever actually throw up, at least in the ER. They just keep filling puke buckets full of noise. Capsaicin on the belly works, and we can usually get them out fairly quickly with droperidol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Recent studies show under age use deceasing in Colorado since legalization. Vaping on the other hands is out of control.

That is a legit problem that needs to be addressed , however, contextualize that with the fact that teen tobacco and alcohol use are on the decline. When I was a teenager, alcohol was laughably easy to source and carding for cigarettes was 50% at best. If you got declined at one place, you could go to the next one down the road and statistically purchase. Plus, cigarette machines were handy

Poser

WKR
Sure, it’s a thing- and those patients are a complete pain in the ass usually. But they pale in comparison to drunks. I also think it is named wrong- they hardly ever actually throw up, at least in the ER. They just keep filling puke buckets full of noise. Capsaicin on the belly works, and we can usually get them out fairly quickly with droperidol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in a town of 18,000 people that has 19 or 20 dispensaries and I’ve have not heard of this. Not to say that it doesn’t happen, but I would think it would be more common knowledge if it were common.

Squamch

WKR
Pot is a mess. It’s never solved a problem, yet has caused a few. The scramble for stronger and stronger pot should tell you that it’s not a benign substance. While it might not “technically” be addictive, the growing appetite for it sure indicates an awful lot of people are looking to lose their minds in a major way.

Pot is a symptom of a much larger problem in our society.

Not everyone is on board with the "scramble" for stronger pot. In fact, there is a demand for lower cannabinoid content pot, as well as CBD heavy, low THC strains for medicinal uses. Those would be the ones used to to solve problems.
Anyone who wants to "lose their mind in a major way" can do so whenever they like. Getting messed up isn't the exclusive domain of marijuana. Salvia is available in the grocery store. Mushrooms grow every spring. Alcohol is available at every 7/11. Every small town in north america has a source of other addictive drugs, whether it's the dentist prescribing percocet after a root canal, or Billy cooking up in the trailer out back.

Marijuana is a part of mainstream culture. Prohibition has failed.

ODB

WKR
Not everyone is on board with the "scramble" for stronger pot. In fact, there is a demand for lower cannabinoid content pot, as well as CBD heavy, low THC strains for medicinal uses. Those would be the ones used to to solve problems.
Anyone who wants to "lose their mind in a major way" can do so whenever they like. Getting messed up isn't the exclusive domain of marijuana. Salvia is available in the grocery store. Mushrooms grow every spring. Alcohol is available at every 7/11. Every small town in north america has a source of other addictive drugs, whether it's the dentist prescribing percocet after a root canal, or Billy cooking up in the trailer out back.

Marijuana is a part of mainstream culture. Prohibition has failed.

Don’t conflate medicinal use with recreational. Just because getting messed up isn’t the “exclusive” domain of pot, doesn’t mean society needs another mind-altering (the purpose of the drug when used recreationally) drug in the mix.

you have to justify its use on its own merits, not just because there are other things out there too...so far, ive not heard anything remotely convincing that pot is a benefit to society.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Don’t conflate medicinal use with recreational. Just because getting messed up isn’t the “exclusive” domain of pot, doesn’t mean society needs another mind-altering (the purpose of the drug when used recreationally) drug in the mix.

you have to justify its use on its own merits, not just because there are other things out there too...so far, ive not heard anything remotely convincing that pot is a benefit to society.

Adults in a free society shouldn't have to justify anything to anyone, especially when it comes to what they put into their bodies.

Freedom is scary sometimes but it's far better than the alternative.

Squamch

WKR

Ok.
Marijuana use can make a person kinder, more compassionate, understanding, and introspective.
It can also make someone a lazy antisocial cheeto muncher.

Every thing we do has positive and negative sides. It all depends on how it is approached. I love hunting. My wife thinks I spend too much time and money on it. For me, hunting is my church. She gets that, but would rather have me at home. I could spend every weekend during the season in the bush, over using my ability to hunt, and it would effect my life negatively. But, since I pursue it in a responsible manner, and don't allow it to be all consuming...it doesn't have a negative effect on my life.

See the parallel here?

Billinsd

WKR
Adults in a free society shouldn't have to justify anything to anyone, especially when it comes to what they put into their bodies.
Absolutely. And other adults and especially children shouldn't have to suffer the uninteded consequences after people put mind altering chemicals in their body, either. I say let folks tute away in the privacy of their own home or somewhere else. I don't want to see you puffing big clouds of smoke out of your car on my commute home. If you are impaired and injure me or my family you should go to jail for a long time and lose all your possessions. I also don't want to support you or your family if you become addicted. Do what you like, just dont hurt me or my family.
Freedom is scary sometimes but it's far better than the alternative.
Lack of accountability of ones actions and the dumbing down of society is scary. Freedom is great, Freedom to do whatever you want without consequences or accountability is chaos and hell on earth!!

Legalize it. Tax it high. Use tax money for state property tax relief, education, infrastructure and law enforcement.

Wrench

WKR
I've touched the stuff. I've spent the last 44 years trying to run my own life and I'm still not perfect at it....but once I am, I may consider trying to run someone else's life.

Live and let live....but defend yourself.

Billinsd

WKR
Ok.
Marijuana use can make a person kinder, more compassionate, understanding, and introspective.
It can also make someone a lazy antisocial cheeto muncher.
Do you mean occasional pot use can make a person kinder, etc. or the stereotype of being lazy? Generally pot heads that get high a lot are very lazy and occasional pot use it would seem might make a guy more chill? So....occasional pot use could have some positives? Hmmmm maybe.
Every thing we do has positive and negative sides. It all depends on how it is approached. I love hunting. My wife thinks I spend too much time and money on it. For me, hunting is my church. She gets that, but would rather have me at home. I could spend every weekend during the season in the bush, over using my ability to hunt, and it would effect my life negatively. But, since I pursue it in a responsible manner, and don't allow it to be all consuming...it doesn't have a negative effect on my life. See the parallel here?
Kinda? However, I'd be real disappointed in my 5th grader if he couldn't articulate a more coherent, stronger argument than you have. Which reminds me he's been playing video games much too long. Time for him to stop. Damn machines,lol. Not everything we do has positive and negative sides. What you are trying to say, I believe, is that things we enjoy doing can be addictions? Yes, I agree. I love to hunt as well, but if I spend to much time or money and it hurts me or my family it's an addiction.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I've touched the stuff. I've spent the last 44 years trying to run my own life and I'm still not perfect at it....but once I am, I may consider trying to run someone else's life.

I'm 55 years old and far from perfect. 57, actually, lol, how'd that happen? No matter how perfect a person is, they can never run someone else's life. Don't let others run your life. If you are in trouble seek help, if you can't seek help hopefully your friends and family can help.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
Recent studies show under age use deceasing in Colorado since legalization. Vaping on the other hands is out of control.
That's what I hear in Colorado's sister state California. I was talking with my buddy about this last week and he says "Yeah! People in California are up in arms about candy scented vaping and kids and the same idiots when questioned about lacing gummy bears and kids candy with pot, say "Aw!! just keep the pot candy away from kids, it's a non issue!!"". Not that either is a good idea, lol!

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR

My thoughts exactly, so many get caught up in what every body else is doing , and its none of their business. Used to hear “ mind your own business” said a lot, Still holds true if you ask me.

4rcgoat

WKR
Pot is a mess. It’s never solved a problem, yet has caused a few. The scramble for stronger and stronger pot should tell you that it’s not a benign substance. While it might not “technically” be addictive, the growing appetite for it sure indicates an awful lot of people are looking to lose their minds in a major way.

Pot is a symptom of a much larger problem in our society.
Same could be said about the absurd amout of time spent on social media.